What's new

My heart is breaking

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. Heroin addiction is plague on our country right now. I read your post to my teenage sons and hope they learn something from it. God bless.
JM,

It took courage for you to share ... & like you & others have said ... there is consolation that some good can come out of a very tough situation ... including the shedding light & a learning factor that Jon stated. God Bless you in this deep valley of your family's life.

mike walsh www.kingkoin.com

Last edited:

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
So sorry to hear of your loss; I have never been in your shoes. God Bless and be proud of your son's decision to give life to others at his passing.

Uncle Sam

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss buddy will keep you in my family's prayers. I have a little boy 1 year and 3months old and couldn't even imagine a loss like that. I care so much beyond words about him and I am sure you feel the same. Nothing like a father and son Bond. Take care my freind the Lord is with you and your family.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I have been in the coaching business for 23 years, & carwash for 1. Unfortunately I have dealt w/ just a lil bit of this, but thankfully only a lil. There is no easy answer. I am a Christian, & look to the Lord in times like this. I also know, we should always look to the Lord, but we don't. I will pray for you & your family...

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am very sorry for your loss. We are all here for you in our own way.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss brother. I couldn't imagine losing a child. I lost my 2 best friends - one to a heroin OD and the other to suicide. Time will heal - just surround yourself with friends and family.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Condolences sir. I hope you find some comfort in the fact that he will live on not only in the hearts and minds of those that knew and loved him, but forever in the bodies of those recipients whom he helped as well as their progeny.

washnshine

Reaction score
Our thoughts are with you. Please accept our condolences.

lilb93

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, he left the world that we know. He will never leave the heart's and minds that truly loved him.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
At 11:30 last night we received a phone call from the Organ Donor association saying that our sons heart transplant has been successful.
Today a 64 year old man can see his grandchildren because of his generosity.
Thanks for all the messages, it means a lot.

aca carwash 2

Reaction score
Heroin is a terrible epidemic with kids today, we have lost many kids in our area in the last couple years. I am sorry for your tragic loss, try not to be too hard on yourself, its very hard to prevent. I couldn't imagine........

mmurra

Reaction score
An unbelievable and unbearable loss. May you have strength beyond your limit in order to bear this loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Here is an update.
It's been a REALLY tough month.
One thing that has helped us get by is that he signed up for being an Organ Donor and waiting for updates.
Yesterday we received our latest update from them on his main organ transplants.
The 64 yr. old man that received his heart so far has been successful.
They told us up to 90% of full heart transplants fail during the operation.
Thursday he was moved to a step down room from ICU. The hospital is very optimistic.
He had been waiting for a heart since 2014.
Our sons right kidney was rushed to a 52 yr. woman in Maryland that was on life support.
She had been on the waiting list since 2013.
The operation was a success. The kidney is "functioning excellently post transplant."
The liver and left kidney were gifted to a 37 yr. old man. "Both organs began immediately functioning after surgery" and he is in full recovery.
Both lungs were gifted to a 48 yr. old man. "Both are functioning great ."

This ordeal has not only affected our family but the families and friends of ALL the families involved.
That is truly his gift to all and gives us reason to wake up in the morning and get out of bed.