What's new

My 2009 Wish List

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know about y'all, but I'd like to do lots of things this coming new year.

Professionally as well as personally, I'm already filling 2009 mentally with all the things I intend to get done. I'll admit it, I'm shooting for the stars.

The economy is against many of my goals, mostly the professional ones, but probably the personal ones in some ways, too. It's okay with me, because I welcome the challenges. I think the challenges will make things better for my business; increased efficiency on all levels and a re-committing to high service and quality and customer value. Personally I've spent too much time opposing challenges, so remembering to 'go with the flow' a little more is what I intend to do about it.

Professionally, in carwashing , I'll be developing my petwash business model and focusing on cutting energy, water/sewer and chemical costs. In detailing I'll be implementing my express detail platform. In music I'll be working on recording new material as well as performing.

What's on your 2009 wish list?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Galen,

It's good to hear your input again.

FYI, It's tequila, triple sec, sour mix and roses lime juice.

mac

Reaction score
How about more standardazation in our so called industry?
How about manufacturers using Never Seize when they build these things?
How about complete manuals with every piece of equipment?
How about "cheat sheets" printed on the doors of control panels?
How about basic schematics printed on the doors also?
How about setting the internal clocks of the plc that control automatics, off by four days, so that they don't break down on a Fri?
How about stainless steel hardware on them?
Wait, I must be dreaming. I think I'll work on Galen's idea.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
---> I wish I could get my 2008 goals done before 2009 gets here!
---> I wish we had less government, but just like every other year I'm certain I'll be smacked down and laughed at by reality. (sorry Bill :) )
---> I wish I could get rid of the tar-sprayers.
---> I wish I could find a nice straight osage.

Car wash plans? Heck, ask me in a coupla months, its only november!
But I do know that continuing to reduce expenses - specifically electricity this year - will be on the list, as well as improving my marketing.