What's new

My $15 per month internet solution for CryptoPay

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Well, my14.95 straight talk crytopay experiment is coming to end. It works OK, but the hotspots I had require a reboot every month and the last one just needs random rebooting a couple times per week. God help you if you have trouble with your hotspot, you are better off just buying a new one at walmart and starting over. Customer service if terrible. I was afraid I was taking in more bad credit cards when the system was down than I was saving on internet fees. I still view it as an acceptable option in a low volume wash, but credit card usage as a percentage of my sales is rising quickly and I need less things to screw with on a regular basis.

MEP001

Reaction score
One person I suggested the Boost Hotspot to is still using it, the others went to broadband because they added cameras and wanted to monitor them. I don't know if the one is using Boost or if he just bought a a device on his current plan, but he hasn't had to touch it in about a year.

copperglobe

Reaction score
I'm using Nayax on several token bill changers, American Changer. They do charge 2.5% plus $.10 per swipe. They are the acting merchant provider for their readers when you sign up with them- you don't need a merchant provider on your own. Using the Nayax swipers I have a fixed price of $10 per swipe or on another token changer $20 and it pays out the tokens. You swipe your card, wait, you're charged $10 or $20 (depending on the machine) and it pays out the tokens. The swipers take swipe, chip, apple/google pay on your smart phone, next pass. I'm averaging $140 per day sales via Nayax for my location.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
BTW, maybe thread worthy on it's own, but a friend of mine just refurbished a wash in a middle income community. He is taking CC only in the bays. Early results are very encouraging. I got burglarized last week and for several days last week had no coins in the changer and was accepting CC only. I was there twenty plus hours and had only one person ask for change.....

soonermajic

Reaction score
I'm using Nayax on several token bill changers, American Changer. They do charge 2.5% plus $.10 per swipe. They are the acting merchant provider for their readers when you sign up with them- you don't need a merchant provider on your own. Using the Nayax swipers I have a fixed price of $10 per swipe or on another token changer $20 and it pays out the tokens. You swipe your card, wait, you're charged $10 or $20 (depending on the machine) and it pays out the tokens. The swipers take swipe, chip, apple/google pay on your smart phone, next pass. I'm averaging $140 per day sales via Nayax for my location.
Sounds good for you, but no way I could do $10/swipe! As a matter of fact, not sure I even know any SS wash that could do that. Simply amazed by your success

MEP001

Reaction score
Sounds good for you, but no way I could do $10/swipe! As a matter of fact, not sure I even know any SS wash that could do that. Simply amazed by your success
Coming from someone who polished Lexan with steel wool... j/k

I'd bet Texas has some of the lowest SS prices around. I still see lots of washes at 75¢ for 4 minutes.

Eddie

Reaction score
Our car wash has been using a U.S. Cellular hotspot that costs around $18 including fees and taxes for our CryptoPay readers. We don't use remote video monitoring, but this combination has proven to be very dependable for this application. Please note that this is the hotspot only option that does not include a mobile phone.

Eddie

Reaction score
Sorry for the correction, but I'm a former teacher and feel obliged to follow up. ;) It seems as if you missed the decimal point as I believe that it said $.10 (i.e., $0.10 or 10 cents) per swipe. You'd have to decide if this would be worth it to you.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Our car wash has been using a U.S. Cellular hotspot that costs around $18 including fees and taxes for our CryptoPay readers. We don't use remote video monitoring, but this combination has proven to be very dependable for this application. Please note that this is the hotspot only option that does not include a mobile phone.
Do you leave your hotspot device plugged up 24/7 I bought a Netgear was about to instail just worried about the constant power and maybe overheating

MEP001

Reaction score
Both the guys I know still using the hotspot leave it running 24/7. One had to replace his after a couple years, but he has a lot of electrical issues from lightning. The other guy hasn't had to touch it in five years.

Eddie

Reaction score
Do you leave your hotspot device plugged up 24/7 I bought a Netgear was about to instail just worried about the constant power and maybe overheating
I leave mine running all the time and haven't had any problems. It has probably been running continuously for a couple of years now with no significant downtime.