What's new

Music?

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
Question for dead silence in your Bays.. When a Customer pulls into your bay, and when he gets out of his car, does it sound like a Morgue??? .. We have Music in each Bay 24/7.. Customer's love it.. We sometimes see them dancing to it.. Just my Crazy 2 cents.. LOL. :) Just curious if anyone else on here does the same??

Randy

Reaction score
We used to play music in the bays until the neighbors started to complain and started calling the police. Now the police will sit across the street from the car wash and cite the guys who play there car stereos to loud, it’s $525 fee for playing loud music that can be heard 50’ from its source.

Reactions: sjb

Keno

Reaction score
We used to play music in the bays until the neighbors started to complain and started calling the police. Now the police will sit across the street from the car wash and cite the guys who play there car stereos to loud, it’s $525 fee for playing loud music that can be heard 50’ from its source.
Wow! Police have nothing better to do in your area? Like stopping more serious crime?

soonermajic

Reaction score
Randy, the Police won't help u w/ serious crime, but are go getters for music?!!😰😳🙄😡

Etowah

AMWeber

Reaction score
We have music playing low in the bays. Not sure if it’s right or wrong or if anyone cares. It was on when I bought the was and I’ve just left it on.

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
I used to have music playing low in my bays for several years.
apparently, some union musician visited once. I received a certified letter from ASCAP, telling me to cease and desist, or pay their fees.

Reactions: sjb

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
WOW.. hard to believe that would happen.. WOW. I would tell them to go pound SAND.. :) Can you send me a copy of that cease and desist order? The Rolling Stones have not contacted me yet! I feel Lucky..

Last edited:

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
It was about 10 years ago. If you get a Sirius XM business subscription all dues are paid by them. You just can't broadcast "public" radio to the public and not pay the fees.
Makes no sense.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I used to play music in the bays but I stopped. Neighbors complained. Plus, music preference is so individual that it's impossible to pick a genre that all customers enjoy. One guy loves country and the next is trying to smash your speaker with a shovel cuz he thinks country 'sucks'. Tooooo tricky.