What's new

Mud

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
We are in a farming area, and at the foothills of popular 4WD areas. So mud is just a normal part of business for us, certainly not worth us getting all stressed about.

Examples from earlier today....

1681002147861.png

1681002157898.png

1681002167957.png

DAWGWASH

Reaction score
We are in a farming area, and at the foothills of popular 4WD areas. So mud is just a normal part of business for us, certainly not worth us getting all stressed about.

Examples from earlier today....

View attachment 8138

View attachment 8139

View attachment 8140
Gotta love that. Hopefully they keep all the mud in the bay. At least you can shovel and hose out. I hate it when they spray all the hay, leaves, bark, and mud outside of the bays. I just hope when a customer sprays off that much mud they get it all over their self too

washnshine

Reaction score
Obviously, people enjoy this, but any activity that left my vehicle in that condition is nothing I would want to participate in! 😆

Randy

Reaction score
You got to love it. We on occasion get mud like that, so bad we have to scrape the bay floor before we hose it off. Sometimes they clean up after themselves, but not very often.

soapy

Reaction score
Heavy mud and recreation area also. We are coming out of a long very snowy winter here so everyday we clean each bay 3 or 4 times a day. They seldom clean up after themselves and then bitch about our prices being to high. I can'i say too much to them because I am one of those a good 4x4 adventure.

MEP001

Reaction score
How do you deal with all the mud in the pits? I don't get a lot of mud, but I try to pick up everything I can off the floor.

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
It’s always going to happen. When they pull in we give them “ the talk “. I tell them I want their business but they have to clean up the mess and explain the reasons why. If they act like 💩 heads I’ll tell them to leave.
We are unattended, so there is rarely the chance to talk with customers about the mud. And as we all know, signage is pretty much worthless. So we just get on the shovels!

Randy

Reaction score
Mud means money, money means more vacations.
We shovel out our pits every 2 weeks and pull out about 50 - 60 gallons of muck. We are in a rural area like Greg so we get all kinds of vehicles.

MudMoney

Reaction score
I love mud and the money that comes with it ! Our area got lots of snow this year ,biggest thaw was easter weekend. I had all bays pumped on april 2nd, pits are 750 gallons . Pumper truck coming tomorrow the business was that good this past week. My wash is attended on busy days and we keep the lines moving by also giving change at their outfits. Used a stopwatch and the average time wasted getting change is 2 1/2 minutes. I hear you Randy on those vacations !

Rudy

Reaction score
I am in an urban area, so I don't get much mud. But, because of the high cost of pumping the pits, I have a sign that says that heavy mud is subject to a $250 "cleanup fee".

The word is out. Mudders tend to go down the street, which is fine with me.

Makes NO sense to have someone put $15 in my vault, just to pay more than that to have it hauled away.....

Swagracin

Reaction score
Not a carwash owner here but as a customer that’s curious and rather be courteous what do ss owners prefer muddy customers do with the mud wash it into the pit or wash it into a pile the best they can? I usually try to at least wash it to the center so it makes the bay somewhat usable still if its a lot of mud

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Heavy mud and recreation area also. We are coming out of a long very snowy winter here so everyday we clean each bay 3 or 4 times a day. They seldom clean up after themselves and then bitch about our prices being to high. I can'i say too much to them because I am one of those a good 4x4 adventure.
Same here. My pits are 3 x 5 x 5 and we've been doing them every month. The mud has been spectacular.