What's new

Mter Box install cost

washregal

Reaction score
Adding (6) meter box's - will need new cut out and old holes back filled -

All new wiring plus CC installation - any idea on price per bay for install cost?

mac

Reaction score
Well here goes a guess. And it is just that. A guess. I have been burned on several times quoting things like this . Cutting out the old boxes and setting new ones can easily take 4 hrs each. Then when the mud is set another hour or two to make it look nice. New cable is about 2 hours assuming you have easy access to all. You can probably save money by offering to do the grunt work of cutting, chipping, and filling.

OASIS WASH

Reaction score
Washregal I am in the exact same boat as you. Mac is actually coming to see my wash in a few days to look at my renovation needs. I have been quoted $500 per bay by a reputable guy in town but hes so busy he cant get to me for awhile. Not sure how your prices would compare to Florida. Mac will probably post here once he sees mine. Good luck!

MEP001

Reaction score
I installed Cryptopay readers for someone not long ago, and he had to notch the brick to allow the doors to open fully. He took a standard 4 1/2" angle grinder with a diamond masonry disk and it plowed through the brick like a hot knife through butter. It should be easy to do the same to cut a hole for the new box. FWiW I'd either use a cheap Harbor Freight grinder or one from a garage sale as the dust will likely ruin it.

pgrzes

Reaction score
We did ours ourself. A 4 1/2" angle grinder, actually I think we burned one out!! Go get a couple lenox masonry diamond wheels at Lowes, cut them out to the size of the new box and morter the new ones in. I have 7 bays we did 3 bays one day, and did the other 4 bays a few days later after we got everything hooked up on the first 3. I have a very handy worker that between the 2 of us we do most everything ourself. Not sure what boxes you got, but just plan ahead for how you will be securing the boxes in place, weld tabs, holes for for lags, or bolting boxes back to back. Take your time and you should be good to go.

semocarwasher

Reaction score
4" grinder with a diamond blade is great but we typically combine that with a concrete saw rental. For six bays well worth the $100 rental in my opinion. Personally, I have done a bunch of these but I have a pretty reasonable block mason I work with now that can do it and I can keep service techs doing car wash stuff.