What's new

Mr. Foamer leaking again (3rd one)

Reaction score
So, we installed a Mr. Foamer on our HF presoak for our Futura Revolution Automatic. Wanted to get some more show during the presoak pass. Pushing 25-30 psi of product on a 1/2" line (from a FloJet) and 20-25 psi of air on a 3/8" line. All check valves and air regulators are new. Outlet is the original 1/2" line. Entire setup was reviewed by our vendor, and they thought it should work great. Although we got more show, it wasn't quite what we expected, but better than we had.
Now the problems start. After a few weeks, we start leaking product past the pressed fittings on the inlets. These are the metal fittings that are pressed into the plastic. We are not leaking past the threads, but rather past the plastic/metal junction that is part of the manufacturing process. Our vendor has been spot on, and replaced two Mr. Foamers in as many months, but our third one started leaking yesterday and had to be taken out of the system. Any thoughts?

Randy

Reaction score
Whose HF Presoak are you using? It sounds to that the Presoak is eating the brass fittings. HF Presoak eats up brass pretty fast, your vendor should know this.

Reaction score
Pro1. There is no degradation on the fittings, and they are stainless, not brass. It is leaking where the stainless fitting is molded in to the plastic. I will try and get an image up tonight.

As to our vendor that should know better, there are reasons we are changing vendors. This is one of them. Lack of info, lack of support, crazy mark up. A seal kit for a CAT 301 should not cost more than twice going rate just because it is in stock. We always prefer to keep our money local, and support the local guys. I will pay markup, everyone needs to make a profit, but I refuse to be gouged.

Randy

Reaction score
We use a product contains HF and it's an excellent cleaning agent. HF attacks Stainless almost as fast as it does Brass. If we can 90 days out of a stainless injector we are doing come.

Mr. Foamer Inc.

Reaction score
Monroe street power wash,
I saw your post and wanted to help rectify. When we first introduced our molded single piece ABS generators we had just molded 1/4" inlet threads. As with all new equipment we are constantly learning and trying to make our equipment better. The units worked great but with some fittings and to much pressure it could cause cracking. We then found a way to mold in 1/4" aluminum inserts, but as we all know heavy low and high ph can eat them. It then took us another 6/8 months to get stainless 1/4" inserts in to production. The one thing has always stayed the same we give a lifetime warranty on the generator bodies. Please feel free to email me at mrfoame@gmail.com or call my cell 561-222-5814. I will personally get you new bodies sent out and put a return label so we can evaluate the units.
We are a young company, but pride ourselves on making sure our customers are happy. I would also like to help with your show, typically we are running much lower on the air side. I look forward to speaking with you.

Jim McClimond
Mr. Foamer Inc.

Reaction score
I called Jim today and left him a message. Not often you find a manufacturer posting in the forums, and very rarely with that level of customer support. I will post a follow-up next week some time.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Yes, always good to see manufacturers watching social media. PDQ posts here often too.