What's new

Mounting blowers on the exterior wall

JIMT

Reaction score
Ric,

We have put the dryers outside on 4 automatics. They are 10 to 15 feet from the building. We have Sunnys dryers which I believe put out a lot more air because the outlet is tangential to the housing. The air is moving in that direction inside the dryer housing so the air does not have to change direction to go out.

JIMT

Gabriel

Reaction score
We have a set of automatics with dryers, one on each side of the equipment room. One was pre-planned and the other is a conversion of a self serve bay that was too short. They each work perfectly and do an equally great job of drying. They are about 10 years old now and I see no difference in results.

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
I would be interested in knowing what others that might use these think of them as well. I also cannot fit freestanding in my automatic bays and I also cannot go out from the building more than about 7 ft due to setback restrictions. These look lke they would meet my needs IF they dry the car...might slowdown thruput though with folks moving slowly under them.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I could also use freestanding blowers outside the building. I was wanting to build a 5' extension onto the building to house them in. Building inspector said I would need to put in footings, which would require me to tear out the heated aprons, etc. Not worth it. I can either hang these units or do freestanding. If I do free standing tight against the building (which I would prefer) I would like to hide it behind an awning type structure...provided I could get approval from the city. Any ideas?

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in knowing what others that might use these think of them as well. I also cannot fit freestanding in my automatic bays and I also cannot go out from the building more than about 7 ft due to setback restrictions. These look lke they would meet my needs IF they dry the car...might slowdown thruput though with folks moving slowly under them.
I have the "tempest" dryers from them in my in bay automatic. It is basically the same thing but mounted on free standing legs. I have 3 -15hp producers on mine. It does a good job. That is why I am considering the "Spirit" unit from them for my new iba. A competitor has the same thing with 3-10hp producers. It does not do near as good a job.

BBE

Reaction score
Ric,

We have put the dryers outside on 4 automatics. They are 10 to 15 feet from the building. We have Sunnys dryers which I believe put out a lot more air because the outlet is tangential to the housing. The air is moving in that direction inside the dryer housing so the air does not have to change direction to go out.

JIMT
Jim,

Any chance you could snap some pictures of that set up?

sparkey

Reaction score
Do you have any problems with ice under the dryers? Are your aprons heated under the dryers?