What's new

motor for my self serve pump

ANDYS

Reaction score
i think i have to buy a new motor because it is very loud or is it fixable :confused:

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
It may just need bearings, or a good greasing. I would take it to a motor shop to see before i replaced it.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Most motor shops will tell you to replace rather than rebuild unless its 25 HP or larger. I would check the current draw with an ammeter. I have seen "noisy" motors run a long time. I like to get every ounce of service from most parts. Might be best to get a new one and have it on hand.

Randy

Reaction score
can i open it and check bearings
I wouldn’t advise it if I didn’t know what I was doing. Who's the Manufacture? What model number is it? What size shaft is on it? Horse power rating of the motor? Is it 3 phase or Single Phase?

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
can i open it and check bearings
You should be able to check the bearings by taking the belt off (if its belt drive) and spinning it by hand...I would also check the amperage draw like RykoPro suggested. It could be single phasing.

I bought a 5 hp 3 phase motor a year ago to replace my truck bay pump motor. Got it from one of those online surplus warehouses. I paid under $300.00 shipped. If its single phasing or if the bearings are bad, just buy a new one...I wouldn't waiste money on it if it was that old to be giving you problems.

ANDYS

Reaction score
i did take belt off it spins and make a noise i think to be on the safe side i maybe should buy a new one :( great help on this site