What's new

Motor City Wash Works Tire Shiner sling issue

Ncholas Lopez

Reaction score
I have a MCWW Tire Shiner running Ecolab products and myself and the distrubutor along with phone calls to the manufactor have tried to dial this thing in tight enough so that we dont sling on the fenders and onto the car. Yet no matter how much we screw with is we cannot seem to get a good covered Tire without throwing product onto the paint. Can Anyone HELP PLEASE!!!

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I have a MCWW Tire Shiner running Ecolab products and myself and the distrubutor along with phone calls to the manufactor have tried to dial this thing in tight enough so that we dont sling on the fenders and onto the car. Yet no matter how much we screw with is we cannot seem to get a good covered Tire without throwing product onto the paint. Can Anyone HELP PLEASE!!!
The problem is the product you are using, not the equipment applying it. You might be tempted to use too much product in an attempt to get a perfect tire on every vehicle, it's impossible, without putting on too much of some products. I use Blue Pearl from Zep. I use approx. 1 ounce per tire and get a good result with no sling.

captain cw

Reaction score
I own Motor city and sonny's units. They both sling. I just try to get enough on the tire without to much on the vehicle with sling. I've been using simoniz and I'm considering shopping chemicals. It's not the applicators, but the chemical.

thoffmanjr

Reaction score
We have the Sonny's units and I've noticed its the pressure causing the sling problem. Low profile tires need less pressure pushing against the tire and large tires need more. What would it be worth if a modification were made to these units to adjust the pressure based on the tire side wall size?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have Viper units and may be naive. I don't see sling. Could be the product now in use with some Durashiners as well, or could be a function of the layout with lots of room before the car hits the stree causing enough tire speed to sling.

Reaction score
I have a customer that has a MacNeil sureshine, was a little frustrating at first to get the right amount of product going out there. Now that it's all set, I;m using 1/2 oz per vehicle, with no sling issues

wash free or die

Reaction score
I hate to be the one to tell you, but you are never going to get a quality tire out of the Motor City unit. No dressing will deliver a decent tire from an inferior piece of equipment. As someone who has spent countless hours with this machine, I am telling you: You are engaging in an exercise in futility. It was put out on the market with virtually no field testing, and it shows in the results. Anyone who tells you they are getting a well-dressed tire from this machine is lying to you(or has sub-standard expectations).

To date, though not perfect, the Simoniz Tire Shiner is the best out there. I've heard good things about the Belanger Durashiner, but have no real hands-on experience with it. It's certainly worth a good look.

Consider it a very expensive lesson and pull that thing out of your tunnel. Don't ever buy any piece of equipment without seeing the results it can deliver first.