What's new

Most IBA problems

Don B.

Reaction score
In the 21 years that I’ve had my WW high velocity-Laser, I have a laser computer in mine, I’ve learned most problems can be traced down to just a handful of things. Although, sometimes it can be hard to figure out which one of these things is the problem. Most of your problems will be outside in the bay. A bad connection, festoon cable, proximity switch or cable, photo electric eye or amplifier, the occasional gear box, rollers, tires, swivels, etc. And occasionally, some weird problem! Very seldom will the problem be inside the main JO cabinet on the pump station. In the past 21 years I’ve changed 3 things inside in the main cabinet. The speed controller, the motor contact relay for the soap pump motor, and the 24 volt dc power supply. At least that’s been my experience with my brand of automatic.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
same thing with my old superior touch free machine. It was usually a proximity switch or cable or cable end. I could always tell when a gearbox was going bad before hand. I also had problems with bearings on the drive wheel and the guide wheels.

Don B.

Reaction score
The old machines were simple and durable. The new machines won’t clean any better, but they’ll do it faster and easier.

washnshine

Reaction score
The old machines were simple and durable. The new machines won’t clean any better, but they’ll do it faster and easier.
I think the newer ones have some sizing and adjusting abilities that do help with cleaning - as long as your chemistry is right.

I agree that a lot of the older ones were durable, but some really did not have much in terms of sizing vehicles or spray impact technology and ended up washing larger, boxier vehicles much better than smaller cars. I think todays machines can give not only a faster wash, but a more consistent wash across various vehicle shapes and sizes.

washnshine

Reaction score
I remember back in 1980’s we’d get the Dodge Omni/Plymouth Horizon (remember those cars 😂)! In our Southern Pride Turbo Wash. I think the backs of those got a “fine mist” at best from that machine!

Don B.

Reaction score
For sure, on the ones that didn’t size. Like the D&S and the fixed oval. In fact there are 2 D&S 5000’s that are closed down right now where I live. The owner hit me up to buy the machines a few years ago but I didn’t want them. It’s a two bay stand alone. They had constant trouble with them. Finally just closed the place down.