What's new

Mosmatic Comfort Hose

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Has anybody else used this hose? I just installed them in my self serves and they are very light, they resemble a 1/4" hose but Mosmatic says it's 3/8" I.D construction with an "Inner material made from polyether sulfone (PES) instead of standard steel mesh construction that is prone to corrosion and reduces flow overtime". My customers seem to like them considering the weight and flexibility.

https://www.mosmatic.com/us/news/generally/mosmatic-comfort-hose/

Sparkleclean

Reaction score
Has anybody else used this hose? I just installed them in my self serves and they are very light, they resemble a 1/4" hose but Mosmatic says it's 3/8" I.D construction with an "Inner material made from polyether sulfone (PES) instead of standard steel mesh construction that is prone to corrosion and reduces flow overtime". My customers seem to like them considering the weight and flexibility.

https://www.mosmatic.com/us/news/generally/mosmatic-comfort-hose/
What do they cost?

MEP001

Reaction score
I saw them at one of the shows. They're definitely light, I just can't imagine they're as durable as a 1-wire steel braided hose, and you can cut it with a pocket knife.

wgwagg

Reaction score
I'm planning on ordering a few this week to test out, I'll report back.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
We are actually switching ours out today to 3/8" Uberflex hoses because I feel that the hose size is not correct, Mosmatic says the hose is 3/8" but it resembles 1/4" and my pressure has decreased.

getnbusy

Reaction score
I once used a similar hose from a different manufacturer and it kinked real bad just behind the fitting on the gun end and eventually split.

Carwash_Netherlands

Reaction score
I use them for a couple of years and have no problems at all. I like the fact that they are so light and flexible. I will never go back to my old, heavy hoses with steel insert.

I have 8x3=24 hoses in use.

I replaced 5 (I believe) over 3 years because they started to leak.

martinwash

Reaction score
Double too, however I think it makes a difference. I tried with just one at the boom and when washing you could feel a twisting force when holding a gun which is absent when there's swivel at the gun as well.

martinwash

Reaction score
You can get them with with various fittings and in various colours. The hose is thinner, it's lighter and more flexible than the standard equivalent.

Etowah

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Mosmatic only makes this Comfort hose in blue, are we talking about the same hose? either way I'm glad I changed over to the uberflex hose from Dultmeier Sales it to is a lightweight fiber style hose not metal mesh and I did notice a major increase in pressure when installed.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Mosmatic only makes this Comfort hose in blue, are we talking about the same hose? either way I'm glad I changed over to the uberflex hose from Dultmeier Sales it to is a lightweight fiber style hose not metal mesh and I did notice a major increase in pressure when installed.
I went with the uber flex(but from another supplier/vendor) based on your previous post to replace my aging hoses. I made a mistake previously buying hoses with swivel fittings. One hose was leaking at the swivel within 2 weeks.

Now I'll just put my trusty Mosmatic swivels at both ends and hopefully be good.

MEP001

Reaction score
I went with the uber flex(but from another supplier/vendor) based on your previous post to replace my aging hoses. I made a mistake previously buying hoses with swivel fittings. One hose was leaking at the swivel within 2 weeks.

Now I'll just put my trusty Mosmatic swivels at both ends and hopefully be good.
Swivel fittings on premade hoses are not meant to be used as a working swivel, they're only designed to be used to install a fixed-in-place hose. They're never going to last long otherwise.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Steve have you had any of these hoses freeze up?
If their light weight I’m wondering how they’ll hold up if the lines freeze.