What's new

Mosmatic air booms for vacs

wgwagg

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the mosmatic free standing air boom systems for single vacs? They seem like they would provide a much-improved customer experience at vac islands. I’ve always hated the idea of my vac customers having to drag the hose through their vehicle after the previous customer has left it laying on the ground (which happens all too often). Pros? Cons? Thanks!

soapy

Reaction score
I made some last spring out of regular foamy brush booms attached to my vacuum light pole. The people seem to like them and I have noticed a increase in my Vac revenue at this location. I posted a few pictures last spring under the thread easy hang vac hoses.

washme1

Reaction score
I made some last spring out of regular foamy brush booms attached to my vacuum light pole. The people seem to like them and I have noticed a increase in my Vac revenue at this location. I posted a few pictures last spring under the thread easy hang vac hoses.
I can never get that kind of photo file to open.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I like the idea of the new style JE Adams/Mosmatic vac poles to grab attention. My only concern is what happens when some little kid swings on it like a playground and breaks it. Has anyone had this happen. Just looks like a Target for that from what I have heard real world. I like the concept.

mac

Reaction score
I put some in for a customer and he likes them. His vac revenue has increased and it does make it look more modern.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
How big of a deal is it when it clogs? I like the idea of being able to just pull the hose out of the vac and swapping ends to remove the clog.

soapy

Reaction score
I have less than $200 in my setup because I used the existing light poles. My vac clogs have gone way down since I use 1 1/2 inch down from the end of the booms. When I do get a clog it is right at the joint where the 2 inch and 1 1/2 inch hose are joined. I can unscrew the small hose at the joint and clear the clog in seconds. Since I did this I also added the metal vac claw on the ends and that has helped with clogs.

L

loewem

Pretty slick.....http://www.autocareforum.com/showthread.php?13787-Easy-hang-Vac-nozzles&highlight=vac boom.

Soapy, have you had any issues like the one member suggested worrying about? Kids swinging on the hose/boom, customers driving off with the hose caught on the car, etc.?

pgrzes

Reaction score
There is a local guy near me that used retractors from diesel fuel pumps at truck stops. They appear to work very well and he says they are pretty dependable. He has a source to get them. If you have to buy them I believe they are pricey.

soapy

Reaction score
I have not had any troubles with people swinging on the vac booms and have had no problems of the hoses marking vehicles. I checked the hoses on a several of my own cars and never saw any marks at all. No problems with the hoses catching on anything. The people do not always put them back in the designed spot but they do put them up on something and the hoses are not left on the ground nearly as often as the standard setup. I have 6 vacs at this location with the vac booms and 2 vacs with the standard hose setup.