What's new

More quarters or more cash?

Joswhaha

Reaction score
Howdy y’all,
We have been collecting much more in quarters than I remove from the change machine. I keep fairly detailed records when I remove the money and noticed a few interesting trends.

So far, if I was to remove $100 in bills from the changer, I would remove $125-$130 from vacuums and self service bays. Is this pretty normal for you guys?

We also added cryptopay about 2 weeks ago but I only owned the Wash for 2 weeks before I installed it so I don’t have any historical data to compare sales with. So far, we average 1 customer a day using credit cards for the self service.

Also, 1 more interesting item. My old ACW 4 dial up credit card reader accounts for about 75% of our in bay automatic sales.

MEP001

Reaction score
So far, if I was to remove $100 in bills from the changer, I would remove $125-$130 from vacuums and self service bays. Is this pretty normal for you guys?
Not for me. If I didn't have tokens mixed in with the quarters, I'd be losing $500 in quarters each week. The four other washes I'm involved with are quarter only and they all have a nominal surplus.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Howdy y’all,
We have been collecting much more in quarters than I remove from the change machine. I keep fairly detailed records when I remove the money and noticed a few interesting trends.

We also added cryptopay about 2 weeks ago but I only owned the Wash for 2 weeks before I installed it so I don’t have any historical data to compare sales with. So far, we average 1 customer a day using credit cards for the self service.

Also, 1 more interesting item. My old ACW 4 dial up credit card reader accounts for about 75% of our in bay automatic sales.
I would install cryptopay on acw. you will notice an increase in throughput from the faster card authorization of cryptopay.