What's new

More joys of ownership

AutoSpaMobMO

Reaction score
If we believe our customers are the worst of the worst, our mind will always point out the facts that confirm our belief and ignore any evidence to the contrary. Eventually, we will drive off the good customers in our frustration over the bad ones and be left with more problem customers than good customers.

I believe this is part of why the self service industry has been "dying" Too many operators running poor sites and blaming the customers.
One of our customers (not "trashy", local businessman) asked why so many self serves and inbay washes don't work. He travels a lot and said that every self serve he visits outside of ours has broken equipment, no soap, or won't take money.

I love this industry, I have been filling vendors since I was 8. There is still a demand for self service, at least in some areas, but customers want the self serves to to work well, have added convenience features and the latest options. Most importantly, a good car wash needs an owner who cares about the customer. We are in a customer service business and when we decide that our customers don't deserve service, it is time to move on.

Just something to think about. I think we can do better!

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now.
I Agree with you 100% here. The service industry no matter what the service is you have to provide Quality Friendly Service with clean facilities and equipment that is in good shape.

Well Said David!