What's new

More Futura questions

Bricks

Reaction score
Have you considered there might be a leak during high pressure function not allowing pressure to build on high pressure wash function? Given you are seeing 1500 psi on undercarriage sounds like pump is doing good. This must be a leak or failing unloader.
The technician I talked to thinks it’s a leak. I’ll climb around and look after work.

Bricks

Reaction score
Test the unloader first by reducing the pressure as I mentioned above before you start throwing expensive parts at it. If you don't see pressure loss at the lower pressure after adjusting the 1500 PSI down, the unloader is fine.
Ok . Will do. Thanks guys! I guess it’s hopefully narrowed down. Now I need to make time to check this. I need to figure out how this changeover valve works now.

Bricks

Reaction score
Test the unloader first by reducing the pressure as I mentioned above before you start throwing expensive parts at it. If you don't see pressure loss at the lower pressure after adjusting the 1500 PSI down, the unloader is fine.
I adjusted it down . Now the undercarriage is at 1250 and the treadle? Is slightly above 750.

MEP001

Reaction score
Can you take some more pictures of the plumbing and possibly map out with a drawing how it flows? This makes me think the unloader is bad, but I'd hate to recommend you replace a ~$200 part if that's not the real problem. The way I'd test it would be to pinch off the bypass hose to see if water is flowing through it, but it looks like in your picture that's a steel braided hose so that won't work.

If you want to try a new unloader, this should be the exact replacement: https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-83...rapped-pressure-unloader-2175-psi-53-gpm.aspx The thing is, an unloader is technically not what should be there, it's just what a lot of manufacturers use. Whenever I can, I replace it with a balanced pressure regulator like this one: https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-62...5-brass-regulating-valve-45-gpm-2500-psi.aspx

Where are you located?

Bricks

Reaction score
Can you take some more pictures of the plumbing and possibly map out with a drawing how it flows? This makes me think the unloader is bad, but I'd hate to recommend you replace a ~$200 part if that's not the real problem. The way I'd test it would be to pinch off the bypass hose to see if water is flowing through it, but it looks like in your picture that's a steel braided hose so that won't work.

If you want to try a new unloader, this should be the exact replacement: https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-83...rapped-pressure-unloader-2175-psi-53-gpm.aspx The thing is, an unloader is technically not what should be there, it's just what a lot of manufacturers use. Whenever I can, I replace it with a balanced pressure regulator like this one: https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-62...5-brass-regulating-valve-45-gpm-2500-psi.aspx

Where are you located?
Ohio. I believe the black hose beside the gauge goes to a change over valve. That valve is air operated and just switches from the undercarriage wash to the HP sprayers. I can get more pictures tomorrow. Thanks!

MEP001

Reaction score
Futura.jpg

The blue arrow is the unloader's bypass. When pressure is running lower than it's supposed to and the unloader is working properly, there should be no flow out of that port. The gauge is reading pressure direct from the unloader's outlet (obv. red arrow). This means some of your flow is going somewhere, could be the unloader, could be a valve somewhere opening when it shouldn't or leaking by, could be the pump not getting enough water or drawing air (a very likely place would be that tubing fitting right below the red arrow, those fittings are crap). If it's not a massive amount of work, I'd try to get to the unloader's bypass and try to route it into the tank where you can see flow or into a bucket so you can tell if there's flow when the pressure is low. This is just a no-cost way to confirm or eliminate the unloader as the problem.

Bricks

Reaction score
View attachment 3871

The blue arrow is the unloader's bypass. When pressure is running lower than it's supposed to and the unloader is working properly, there should be no flow out of that port. The gauge is reading pressure direct from the unloader's outlet (obv. red arrow). This means some of your flow is going somewhere, could be the unloader, could be a valve somewhere opening when it shouldn't or leaking by, could be the pump not getting enough water or drawing air (a very likely place would be that tubing fitting right below the red arrow, those fittings are crap). If it's not a massive amount of work, I'd try to get to the unloader's bypass and try to route it into the tank where you can see flow or into a bucket so you can tell if there's flow when the pressure is low. This is just a no-cost way to confirm or eliminate the unloader as the problem.

Bricks

Reaction score
View attachment 3871

Oops! You know what? Speaking of drawing air...I noticed that the wax2 solenoid has nothing going to it! Every time the pump kicks off it dribbles water back out! I was thinking the rainx was supposed to go there and started tracing it out the rainX level never seems to drop, I realized today it uses a flojet pump. I wonder if I cap that solenoid or replace the guts that it may stop sucking air! You’re a genius! I recently noticed a little more dampness and thought it was condensate! I just took this pic the other day because I’m trying to figure out what goes where and why. 04C17D18-8C59-473E-AD8B-AF3FED7E9751.jpeg

MEP001

Reaction score
You might as well remove the check valve at the pump that the tube goes to and plug it. That check valve is bad or it wouldn't dribble out from the solenoid.

Bricks

Reaction score
Bricks - Did you get this issue resolved?
Oh yes! Sorry for not following up. I plugged off where the wax 2 solenoid fed into the pump. Gained roughly 100psi. It was sucking air as MEP mentioned. Thanks