What's new

More Futura questions

Bricks

Reaction score
Hello there! I am hoping someone can help me with a couple more questions regarding my carwash.

on the Futura it has a cat3535 pump.
I noticed that ever since I bought the place, the sight glass has been completely full of oil, like way over full.
I thought well heck it’s working so I better leave it alone. I was watching the gauge yesterday and it didn’t get as high as I thought it was in the recent past.

1) Does anyone know what psi the gauge should read?

2) I was told to put cat oil in those three holes. What is a proven maintenance routine For these pumps that’s tried and true by the professionals?

3) if I need to adjust the regulator to get more psi, does that mean it’s failing?

4) should I order a new one ASAP to have on hand in case it fails?

5) are there any inlet filters on the pump I need to check for debris?

Thank you for putting up with me. Any help will be greatly appreciated. This place has helped me keep my sanity through all of this!

george361

Reaction score
Pump pressure 1000-1200 psi.
Cat service manual https://www.catpumps.com/sites/default/files/products/pdfs/35FR2Svc.pdf

Things to check
- belts, is the pump running at speed or is slip occurring ?
- unloader - any recent adjustments or has this always been set to run at ~ 800 psi?
- how does the pump sound when you run it, should sound smooth if not consider checking valves. Pull them out blow on them in the sealing direction. If air leaks through replace.

Having a seal and valve kit on hand might give you piece of mind.

Bricks

Reaction score
So the pump is capable of 1000-1200psi or do you think the Futura is supposed to be a little less?
So do I adjust the unloader or the regulator to bump it up? It does have a slight surge to it. I haven’t been around car washes long enough to know what I’m looking for. I’ll check the belts tomorrow.
Thanks

george361

Reaction score
Pump and Futura good for 1000-1200.
Start with adjusting regulator

MEP001

Reaction score
Order a couple sets of valve o-rings/backup rings, then pull the valves out and check the seals on them. If the o-rings are coming apart they can get in the regulator and cause issues. What you call "surging" might be the pump pulsating because of weak pressure on one cylinder.

Ideally you should never have to set a regulator or unloader more than once. If it keeps changing, either there's debris getting in it or the changes in flow are affecting the pressure.

Bricks

Reaction score
Order a couple sets of valve o-rings/backup rings, then pull the valves out and check the seals on them. If the o-rings are coming apart they can get in the regulator and cause issues. What you call "surging" might be the pump pulsating because of weak pressure on one cylinder.

Ideally you should never have to set a regulator or unloader more than once. If it keeps changing, either there's debris getting in it or the changes in flow are affecting the pressure.
Thanks man! Could you send me a link of the parts I need? Much appreciated either way!!

Bricks

Reaction score
Pump pressure 1000-1200 psi.
Cat service manual https://www.catpumps.com/sites/default/files/products/pdfs/35FR2Svc.pdf

Things to check
- belts, is the pump running at speed or is slip occurring ?
- unloader - any recent adjustments or has this always been set to run at ~ 800 psi?
- how does the pump sound when you run it, should sound smooth if not consider checking valves. Pull them out blow on them in the sealing direction. If air leaks through replace.

Having a seal and valve kit on hand might give you piece of mind.
This thing is running at 1500psi consistently on the undercarriage and 900 max on the hp wash. Does anyone know how those changeover valves work or do you think it could be the problem? Sometimes it’s only 750 on hp wash and I can tell when I run my vehicles through. Thanks

george361

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a tipping miss match between undercarriage and wash. Is this a new issue or has it been operating like this without any changes?

Bricks

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a tipping miss match between undercarriage and wash. Is this a new issue or has it been operating like this without any changes?
I’m new to all of this but from what I remember , it used to be 1000psi for both except for lp rinse, it’s always been around 500

Bricks

Reaction score
So the thing with a yellow spring(unloader?) what does it do?

MEP001

Reaction score
That's the unloader. Your pump is only rated to 1200. If you adjust it down so it's running 1000 where it's currently at 1500 and the undercarriage drops below 1000, the unloader is probably bad. For LP rinse, I'm guessing there's a solenoid and another regulator or unloader to reduce the pressure to 500, and that solenoid isn't opening.

Bricks

Reaction score
So if I loosen the jam nut and turn the bolt clockwise, it should increase the pressure, correct? 8DD047FC-42C2-4540-BD47-B9FF5136DE36.jpeg

george361

Reaction score
Have you considered there might be a leak during high pressure function not allowing pressure to build on high pressure wash function? Given you are seeing 1500 psi on undercarriage sounds like pump is doing good. This must be a leak or failing unloader.

george361

Reaction score
So the thing with a yellow spring(unloader?) what does it do?
The unloader will unload excess water back to suction side of pump to regulate pump pressure.

here is a link for a more detailed explanation

Bricks

Reaction score
The unloader will unload excess water back to suction side of pump to regulate pump pressure.

here is a link for a more detailed explanation

Thank You! I’m not sure what one I need on KRs website. This is stressful.

MEP001

Reaction score
Test the unloader first by reducing the pressure as I mentioned above before you start throwing expensive parts at it. If you don't see pressure loss at the lower pressure after adjusting the 1500 PSI down, the unloader is fine.