What's new

Monthly Pass Pricing

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I know discussing actual prices can be dicey.

However, I was wondering if there was a general formula for those doing unlimited monthly passes, such as X times the basic wash?

There must be some psychology such as the customer needs to wash an average of x times a wek / month before it is worthwhile. So, if you have a $5.00 base would customers feel 8 times a month would be $40.00 so it would not make sense unless it was priced at $30.00 max.

Thoughts please?

New Investor

Reaction score
Just for the record i'm 8-12-16 on my pricing. My unlimited plan's our 29,39,49 i average about 41.00 dollar's for my member's. I currently have 252 member's.

DivineSuccess

Reaction score
I always heard that it was 2.5x your package price to get high volume. I thought that was pretty low especially with a $3 base. our top wash is $12 and we are at $49 but I think we will lower it soon to get some more members or maybe just run a special. any ideas on how to get a lot of members fast? like one month free or something like that?

Chiefs

Reaction score
Our wash is $10 and everyone gets the "Works". Our only option is Rain-X for $1.00 extra.

We have many ways for people to save.

1) Frequent Wash Card - Buy 10 at $10 and get 11th wash free

2) 5 Wash Books - 1-3 - $35.00 each or 5 Books for $150

3) Club Card - $50/ Mo. - Wash once a day any day for 30 days
These accout for 23% of total annual revenue

In 2 years and 5 months since we've began, we've sold
almost 1,300 card

4) Club Crd Jr. $30/ Mo. - Wash any Monday - Thursday For 30 days and Get $2.00
off a regular $10 wash if they want to wash the same vehicle on Friday -Saturday

We just started this program in May and have sold 62

5) $2.00 coupons are available on our web site, on Google and on the community calendars that we advertise in.

We also hand out moist, disposable towels so customers can clean their door and dash and a a bi-annual, 2 page newsletter/advertisement. Page one tells them what they get with our "Works" Wash, the many way for them to save on their car wash needs and about Rain-X and where to find coupons. The second page does two things. First it reminds them that we are a ride thru car wash not a drive thru and to stay in neutral, hands off wheel and feet off brake. and to Homk Horn if they experience any problem.
The second half od the page informs them of the perils of acid rain, the importance of detailing, how washing their car with us is the environmentally responsible way to wash, and reminders to check tire pressure, to clean and lubricate their power antennas, replace wiper blades etc. We do one in the Fall and winter as well. Hey, I've got them captive for 4 minutes as they ride through. What better chance to inform them and at the same time, on more thing that makes us different from the competition?

mmurra

Reaction score
The question should be "How much will someone pay each month NOT to wash their car"? If the price is low enough, many more people will pay the monthly draft, even if they are not using the service very often. Think of an evenly distributed Bell curve. At the one end are the "abusers/over users", at the other are the "never shows". You make 100% on the latter, 0% on the former, with the rest providing a positive cash flow.

With 10 years billing monthly memberships at our tanning salon, customers generally overestimate how often they come in. We do very well on monthly memberships. Give it a try and do not worry about the abusers but try to focus on increasing the number of members. You will win in the end!

buda

Reaction score
Car Wash Passes

Personally I prefer a book or card of 5 washes to generate upfront cash giving the customer an incentive to buy.

For example, if you priced at $5.00 for the basic wash, sell 5 for $3.80 or no higher than $4.00

The wash and polish package priced at $8.00 could be sold at $6.50 for 5 at a time.

The works package if priced at $12 could be sold for $10 for 5 at a time.

This can generate a great deal of upfront cash and tie customers to your wash.

Regards

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Personally I prefer a book or card of 5 washes to generate upfront cash giving the customer an incentive to buy.

For example, if you priced at $5.00 for the basic wash, sell 5 for $3.80 or no higher than $4.00

The wash and polish package priced at $8.00 could be sold at $6.50 for 5 at a time.

The works package if priced at $12 could be sold for $10 for 5 at a time.

Regards
We sell in Bulk as well. The program is "Buy the BuncH" and save.

But, AFAIAC, the 2 programs are not mutualy exclusive. You could do both. The monthly pass with monthly automatic billing to a credit card would seem to generate a steadier income stream.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Here is how I price my plans. 3x the cost of a single wash.

Monthly Wash Plans
We offer big savings with our Monthly Wash Plans. You can wash your vehicle once a day, every day for as little as $24.95 a month. We automatically bill your Visa, Master Card, American Express, or Discover card on the first of every month. For more information contact us at: (330)477-5772
BUDGET WASH - $24.95 plus tax / month
Includes:
Machine Wash, Blow Dry

DELUXE EXTERIOR - $29.95 plus tax / month
Includes:
Machine Wash, Blow Dry, Towel Dry

FULL SERVICE - $44.95 plus tax / month
Includes:
Machine Wash, Blow Dry, Towel Dry, Vacuum Passenger Area, Door Jambs, Dust Dash,
Clean Windows

THE WORKS - $74.95 plus tax / month
Includes:
Full Service, Air Freshener, Tire Shine, Chassis Bath, Armor All Body Shield, Wheel Brightener, 7 Day Clean Car Guarantee

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
On the best wash why do you need the Clean Car Guarantee if they can wash it as many times as they want?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score

Regards
As an incentive to buy more, we offer a sliding scale. The larger the quantity, the greater the discount.

Attachments

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I charge $25 for the $5 wash and $45 for $10 wash for unlimited washes per car per day. No one has abused this.
But I have had several customers ask about a multi family discount.
I saw one car wash web site that offers the first car at $25 and any additional cars in the same household for only $10 each.
Seems to be pretty cheap but if it brings in more customers (unlimited) maybe it would generate more paying customers. Traffic creates more traffic.