What's new

Monorail coin rejector, please help

Alizar

Reaction score
Monorail round-face plate coin mechanism
Self serve car wash
Looking for an alternative to the EUROPEAN REJECTOR- replacement switch.

Is there anything out there with an electronic eye perhaps?

Turns out, if you bang the face plate with your fist or hard object like the spray gun handle (welp) it will trick the switch into thinking you dropped coins in. 8 punches to the sweet spot = 8 coins = free wash...we have just learned about this occurance and are looking for a remedy asap.

Thanks

mac

Reaction score
That may be one of the reasons that Monorail is no longer around. If you are going to replace the acceptors, I suggest you get rid of the boxes also. It's not that much of a job to cut out a larger hole and put a new box in, say one with display timer and billm acceptor.

Randy

Reaction score
If my memory serves me correctly Monorail stopped making the round coin boxes in the early 80’s. There are still few around. I have seen a few that have been converted to a short drop Slugbuster II coin acceptor. You’ll have to change out the face plate http://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-374-monorail-round-retrofit-faceplate.aspx theirs also a guy in upstate New York who handles Monorail parts or at least he used to.

MEP001

Reaction score
Alizar said:
Turns out, if you bang the face plate with your fist or hard object like the spray gun handle (welp) it will trick the switch into thinking you dropped coins in. 8 punches to the sweet spot = 8 coins = free wash...we have just learned about this occurance and are looking for a remedy asap.
Most likely the wires connected to the coin switch are on the COM and NC - a shock will break the circuit and give a coin pulse. Move the one on NC to NO and that will solve the problem.

Alizar

Reaction score
Thank you all

"Most likely the wires connected to the coin switch are on the COM and NC - a shock will break the circuit and give a coin pulse. Move the one on NC to NO and that will solve the problem."

You are the man, MEP001 !!!!

In my dad's word: "You saved my ass"
&
"If you're ever near the Jersey shore, dinner is on us."

Spot on with that remedy..its been a huge headache and we were about to replace everything. Thanks again.