What's new

Monex cc machine?

Roz

Reaction score
At Nashville show. Looking for a CryptoPay swiper replacement that offers swipe chip tap and a app payment solution. Swipers will become a bigger risk as all cc go to a chip. Looked at nayak but do not want to pay $10’per machine per month for cell service for each device. I see Monex a Canadian company with a possible solution. Has anyone implemented the Monex reader? Looking for any feedback on their solution. The devices are a bit pricey in comparison to nayak. $599 vs $399 but that may change with time. The CryptoPay tap has some issues and takes up more meter box real estate on the faceplate. for the extra $400 for a tap I can replace swiper with an all in one solution. They are tied to TSYS.

Anyone have some experience with Monex?

HeyVern

Reaction score
Check Den Car while you're at the show. I talked to them in Vegas and they said theirs would be coming soon.

MEP001

Reaction score
I have seen Monex work. It's nothing like Nayax or Cryptopay. Rather than the swipe once and wash-all-you-want, Monex has you swipe and pre-purchase a certain dollar amount. IMO it will require smart customers and a lot of customer training, and doesn't offer the same benefits.

celica

Reaction score
As a canadian i can give you my opinion of monex first hand. I installed 8 of their units. In the first 2 years i had to replace 5 of them due to failures. They were covered by warranty, but still i don't have a lot faith in the hardware. They were WAY overpriced at $1195 canadian. The other issue was the $400 set up charge for the 8 units (8 X $ 50). What are Crytopay and Nayax charging for set up? You also should consider the fee's charged for C.C. How do they compare.

Roz

Reaction score
As a canadian i can give you my opinion of monex first hand. I installed 8 of their units. In the first 2 years i had to replace 5 of them due to failures. They were covered by warranty, but still i don't have a lot faith in the hardware. They were WAY overpriced at $1195 canadian. The other issue was the $400 set up charge for the 8 units (8 X $ 50). What are Crytopay and Nayax charging for set up? You also should consider the fee's charged for C.C. How do they compare.
Interesting. The current price per machine is $599USD. Supposedly they offer count up too. I was told the fees are exchange rate plus 75 basis points. Although their website says 92 points. If they fail often that is a show stopper. Thx

MEP001

Reaction score
Supposedly they offer count up too.
I'm almost positive their hardware doesn't allow that. If it can, I'd like to see it in operation.

FWIW I got some spam PMs from them, which I didn't appreciate.

Carwashking

Reaction score
I’m bench testing a Monex unit and it has count up. It will only do chip approval but next month they tell me it will accept tap and Apple Pay. Count up is a must for me.

Carwashking

Reaction score
What was the symptoms of the units that are bad?

celica

Reaction score
2 of them had one of the push buttons quit working. 1 kept freezing up and needed powering up/down to reset it. the other 2 just quit working and didn't restart even after powering up/down. 3 different problems. It was a pain because i had to pull each one out and send it back, then install the replacements.

SuperShine

Reaction score
Sounds like the old style Monex unit with the hard buttons?
I too have heard lots of negatives about them.
The new touch screen Ultra VX units are supposed to be better.

Don’t let the $10 per device Nayax charges derail you. That’s peanuts frankly. Think of it as paying for ongoing support. Count up and opening you up to phone payments and tap transactions will more than cover it.

That’s news to me too on count up capability. I was told by Monex it’s not available in Canada. That’s where the conversation ended with me and I went with Nayax. Count up is crucial in SS bays and it doesn’t hurt on vacs too.

Last edited:

Carwashking

Reaction score
The count up will pulse to your start price as the timer is counting down (led6)will add a quarter every time the timer is at 5 seconds. I do not have any portal to view reports at the moment. I do have question about how I would audit my coins if this reader is wired to same input on my led6. Unlike crypto or Nayax they use the white black wire so my coin counts are separate for audit

MEP001

Reaction score
The count up will pulse to your start price as the timer is counting down (led6)will add a quarter every time the timer is at 5 seconds.
So it's not technically count-up...I would not go for that. Customer won't get a message for what they've spent and will be unaware until they check their account or statement.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
The cell fee with Nayax I thought was 7.99 processing fees IIRC was 2.5% plus .10 per swipe. Don't have a spreadsheet handy but with cryptopay averaging 4.5% it will be North of $400/month per device (depending on transaction amount and associated swipe fees) that Nayax becomes a more economical solution. Has anyone done the math? I might build a spreadsheet today to try to get a better idea. Having said that it's just such a more modern streamlined interface that I think will try it. I could redesign the door decals to make it look like a completely new integrated unit

Roz

Reaction score
When you do the math with any option check that the advertised fee includes E-XACT fees too. Sometimes cc processors tell you their fee and omit the underlying infrastructure processor fee from e-xact, sometimes it is included in the number they promote. We have been surprised in the past when the exact fee was omitted.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I did spend a brief amount of time talking to the attractive VP of sales at Monex but the Nayax looked more in tune with car wash needs. They are also partnering with coinless to offer a direct interface, negating the need to have coinless controllers on your devices. I haven't looked hard at coinless but it for $69/Month it looks like a reasonable solution for those that want to offer a club or bulk purchases for fleet accounts.

One thing I forgot to ask the nayax rep is if they have attendant cards or something similar. I'd prefer not to go back to a remote control.

DavidM

Reaction score
One thing I forgot to ask the nayax rep is if they have attendant cards or something similar. I'd prefer not to go back to a remote control.
Nayax does have a card that can be used by yourself or an attendant. You can also program any magstripe card that you have to be a Nayax prepaid card

DavidM

Reaction score
Nice, how do you program mag cards in Nayax?
I just have tap cards for fleet and employee accounts.
When you log into your Nayax account, Click on Consumers, then Card Management. From there you can add a new card. If it is a card for an attendant use, you can set a dollar amount to automatically reload monthly.

David

rld

Reaction score
Does Nayax support fleet accounts that pay by check monthly?
Also, are the cell units mounted in the box behind faceplate and if so is the cell signal strong enough to work thru the stainless steal box?
Any problems with chip reader and water?