What's new

Mobile hotspot issues

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
I use a Verizon mobile hotspot to transmit cc charges. I'm on my second one now and both have been nothing but trouble. The units turn off or disconnect constantly. Any body else had experience with this? I don't want to but I'm close to signing up for cable internet to get around this issue.
Thanks, Mel

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
I don't have an answer, but I've been wondering if I could do Cryptopay with a hot spot. I just have the land line into my six bay self serve for the alarm system,but adding cable would be a cost strictly to process CC. Does anyone use a hot spot with success?

MEP001

Reaction score
You should be able to use a hotspot, but the data use is going to get expensive. I can tell you that I've downloaded a 250 Mb file to my phone (not through wi-fi) and it took about 20 seconds, so it should stream video even if it might be choppy.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm on straight talk and you have to reset monthly when the account refreshes. The system still works but for 24 hours or so a bad card could be accepted.

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
My system is set up same as mep describes in his post. The only difference is I used Verizon instead of straight talk. I would be satisfied if I could get a stable hot spot.

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
I'm went to Walmart yesterday and purchased the Straight Talk hot spot and a Netgear 11 router. I tried hooking up the hot spot and it will not connect. After a 30 minute phone call to India last night they told me it should be working today. I went to the wash this morning and still no results, so I called again. This call also took about 30 minutes also and some how I got disconnected. I'm not calling them again.

I think I'll order one from Consumer Cellular tomorrow. They are an AT&T reseller. Does anyone have experience using them for this. We've had our phones through them for quite a while and never had a problem, but I'm new to this type of equipment.

Keith