What's new

MK VII Stop Light

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
We have intermittant problem with our IBA stop light. Occaisionally it stays on after customer exit but every thing works fine. Next car can make deposit and enter bay and wash runs normal. Only problem we get calls occaisionally that wash did not start. Think they did not get on treadle right because stop light was already on. Horn not very loud. Any clues?

Thanks,

Ted

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Ted, I don't know much about Mark VII equipment, but I would suppose there is a relay that pulls in to send voltage to the Stop Light, which may be sticking at times allowing the light to stay lit.

dbrown2911

Reaction score
ok here is my question..i am having trouble getting stop light to turn on.. i changed bulb ok..can overide relay and try to force it on but still nothing..i have voltage to the light but nothing..i pulled the socket out tested in a outlet..light comes on.. im lost??? the drive forward slowly light comes on then turns off when car reaches point but stop light will NOT come on??

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
There is are 3 little white phoenix relays which operate the horn, drive light, and stop light. You could swap a couple and see if problem moves.

Ted

dbrown2911

Reaction score
This is on a Futura. I have no horn. They operate off of a relay for each function. Drive forward..back up..please exit..and stop. I can force on each light from controller except stop. I switched relays around still not working. Have voltage inside controller but not getting light? Wire broke somewhere in between somehow? This just happend all of a sudden?

dbrown2911

Reaction score
Sorry must of been one of those days where you overlook things when trying to accomplish 30 things in a short time. I got my second wind went back to the controller with my meter and found power going in the one side of the fuse holder but not the other. Pulled it out opened small little "door" and found bad fuse! Wasn't even aware there was fusing inside these wiring blocks! Thanks!

MikeV

Reaction score
dbrown. all the lights on a Futura are fused. Its the first thing to check when a light doesn't work.