What's new

MK VII Pressure Problem

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
We have Aqua Jet IBA 2002 vintage.. We had a leaking un loader and low pressure on side nozzles and oscillating nozzles--about 500 psi instead of 900 +. We replaced unloader. When side blasters are called on we have 975 PSI. Initial input was to check spot free bypass solenoid valve and flow adjustment--never worked on that before. Realized our machine does not have spot free bypass. Ideas?

Ted

Bill Manke

Reaction score
Sounds kinda stupid but have you checked hoses for a major water leak when it switches over. Are you getting the right pressure on the top nozzles?

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
Thanks Bill. We have no leaks and side (except side blasters) and top nozzles are ones at about 450 psi. We are still trying to figure out. Beginning to wonder if pump can produce adequate pressure with low flow of side blasters but not with the 20 top and side nozzles. Still guessing.
Ted

mac

Reaction score
Your machine may be one with two high pressure pumps, one comes on with side blaster and possibly UCW, but both come on for regular high pressure. If so, one may have gone out. If you need to replace one, I recommend going to an Arimitsu instead of the Cat.

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
This is embarassing. Bill asked we had any leaks and I said no. After being totaly focused on the side of machine with , pump, unloader HP manifold etc. my son pulled panel on other side and with pump running saw we had an inboard hose leak spraying right where side nozzles are located. With nozzle sraying we missed seeing leak. New hose and everthing is fine except our egos.

Ted

mac

Reaction score
Don't be so hard on yourself. This is the way we learn a lot of things. If I beat myself up every time I did something stupid, I would have been dead long ago. Welcome to the club.

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
Thanks--we did learn another thing. With new unloader installed, my son initialy set pressure using side blasters. Then tested and we heard this high pitched wine that sounded like slipping belt. A friend advised that sometimes an unloader can get set in unload mode and not close when pressure drops again--we backed all the way out and reset using side and top nozzles (much less bypass)--solved the problem!

Ted