What's new

Mixing foam brush soap with Rv antifreeze?

aberaleigh

Reaction score
I have a few customers that instead of using methanol or Rv antifreeze they instead mix their FB soap with the windshield washer fluid thats rated to -15. They use one 5 of simonize concentrated FB soap, usually bubble burst and anywhere from 20 to 25 gallons of the washer fluid. So far they have had no problems with it and it is a bit cheaper for them then the soaps with the methanol already in it.

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I tried mixing washer fluid and foam brush soap...it worked great however I used up 5 Litres to do a full sized suv....at .75 cents a litre it is not worth it.

MEP001

Reaction score
With washer fluid you're paying for all sorts of ingredients and the shipping of water in addition to the methanol in it. I'll bet you can get straight methanol for what you paid for the washer fluid.

pgrzes

Reaction score
You should be able to buy bulk Meth. for $3.50-$4.50 per Gal. Check with local race fuel dealers or chemical suppliers. If you are using Rv anti or Window wash. you are using diluted alcohol with different coloring added. You are not saving any $$$ because it already has the water added.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
You should be able to buy bulk Meth. for $3.50-$4.50 per Gal. Check with local race fuel dealers or chemical suppliers. If you are using Rv anti or Window wash. you are using diluted alcohol with different coloring added. You are not saving any $$$ because it already has the water added.
My only problem with keeping menthol on site is my insurance agent.
I was told because of the flammability of menthol my policy would have to change (meaning more expensive).
They did not have an issue with windshield fluid.
They didn't feel like it would be an issue either with a product such as foam brush with menthol already in it purchased from a manufacturer.
Because of that I used windshield fluid for years and always seemed to have problems freezing sometimes.
This year I'm trying a product with menthol already mixed in it from a supplier.