What's new

Milwaukee 13 in One Screwdriver.

MEP001

Reaction score
Home Depot's pricing is so weird. This item is $15 for one, $20 for two. I use the Husky standard screwdrivers and lose one about once a year. It's actually cheaper to get the two-pack slotted and Phillips than to buy either one separately.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
That's a good deal for two!.

Hi, I'm Greg, and I am a tool hoarder. I am constantly tweaking my tool setup and buying new tools to try. I have drawers full of unused screwdrivers and various pliers.

I do like multi tool type devices. My go-to screwdriver is the Klein extended multi. I really like the extended length and it's a simple design that does 95% of what I need on a daily basis. It has #1 and #2 phillips, 3/16 and 1/4" slotted bits, and a 1/4" and 5/16" nutdriver. It's not nearly as versatile as the other ones but I can use it without thought, as the bit selection is so simple.

As a secondary screwdriver I recently started carrying the klein adjustable length screwdriver. I like it mainly because I can customize the bit selection with standard bits. I keep a #0 and #3 phillips, and several metric hex bits (needed for one of my autos). I also have a 7/32" security hex bit for my fragramatics combo domes in the handle. I'm not finding any square drive or ecx in common use here on stuff I work on but I am rarely in breaker panels.

A couple years ago I realized many of my controls and contactors (especially European made) use a pozi drive bit. It looks just like a phillips screw bit but the pozidrive bit definitely fits better if you go to the trouble to use it.

My local Lowes has a Irwin multi nutdriver on sale for about $15 that I really like because it has the 11/32 that I need mainly for bill acceptor service, and is deep enough to use on the studs. I bought like four of them.

Last edited:

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Told my wife I was going to pick these up. She never blinked. Walked out in the garage. Came back in 20 minutes later with a sizable box of assorted screwdrivers and bits and said "You can keep them in here with the rest". Turned and walked away. After almost 30 years I knew exactly what to to................I pick them up at lunch today and will keep them in my truck!

MEP001

Reaction score
I've used my Leatherman screwdriver to save the trip out to the vehicle and I regret the decision every time.

HeyVern

Reaction score
I've used my Leatherman screwdriver to save the trip out to the vehicle and I regret the decision every time.
I use mine all the time, never had an issue, other than using them to pry things I shouldn't and snapping the blades off.

MEP001

Reaction score
I use mine all the time, never had an issue, other than using them to pry things I shouldn't and snapping the blades off.
I have the original Super Tool, it's better than no screwdriver but it's very awkward to use.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Drifting to Multitools- I do have an SOG powerpint I carry in my pocket sometimes. It is a smaller multitool. It has a bit holder that will hold a standard 1/4" hex bit. It also has a small 1/8" slotted screwdriver and wire crimpers built in. if they would just add a wire stripper it would be the closest thing I've seen to a multitool that would fit the bill for a pocket solution for a maintenance person. They aiso have a larger model that has similar features and includes a bit set. The other makers usually have proprietary bits, but these use off the shelf, so you can customize as needed.

By the way if anyone uses hex bit drivers and wants a 7/32 security bit for fragramatics domes I've got about five spares I could mail out. I had to buy a ten pack to get the ones I wanted.

HeyVern

Reaction score
I am too but I refuse to go to any TA (Toolaholics Anonymous) meetings because I have my problem under control! 😂
I have never bought a tool I didn't need, even if I had to invent a need after I'd already bought the tool. And yes, having a toolbox that isn't full absolutely qualifies as a need.

MEP001

Reaction score
I have so many tools in my "carry" toolbox that I can barely lift it, so I made a couple of the old-fashioned tool boxes out of plywood , one to throw the parts I need into, the other for the tools I'm going to need. I have at least six #2 Phillips screwdrivers in my toolbox, most of which have a specific purpose. Multiples of everything, a regular RIDGID pipe wrench and a Crescent brand pipe wrench with really thin jaws. Very few of my tools will do every job. In my experience, that's been especially true with multi-blade screwdrivers.

I like this guy, he hasn't tested a multi-blade screwdriver yet.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Got the 2 pack today but slightly different than I though. One had a pair of ECX bits and the other a pair of Torx bits. I thought they both had the ECX bits Still a good deal.

Eric H

Reaction score
IMG_4982.jpeg
my Gerber multi tool that I always have in my pocket. I burned the tip off of the screwdriver when I shorted it out on a live wire.
I do love by Wiha electrician screwdrivers but sometimes they aren’t handy and I need a shocking reminder why I own them.