What's new

Midders

Doug

Reaction score
Where is your favorite place to purchase replacement midders for the tunnel?
Thanks

Blanco

Reaction score
Mitters. Universal brush and Gallop brush both make good cloth.

Doug

Reaction score
Do these two just ship you a standard size that they have in stock or do they custom make what you need?
Thanks again

Blanco

Reaction score
Do these two just ship you a standard size that they have in stock or do they custom make what you need?
Thanks again
You need to know the manufacture and model. They will sell the exact replacement.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Erie Brush. Order size you want. Original sizes may or may not be optimal for your equipment configuration. I had to shorten some cloth to keep it from getting caught in Wrap around that preceded or followed mitter. Note, the top of the cloth may be looped or may have a plastic strip that fits a channel. Also for looped I order all separate pieces instead of say a one foot piece with 3 inch slits. Makes replacing a torn strip easier.

madstack

Reaction score
I can second Earl's statement on the wrap issue. I replaced all my wrap material this spring and started to have problems with my Quickfires. At one point, several strips got caught holding the wrap in place rather than just tearing away. I turned off the mitter thinking that I could just let the strips drag over the cars but they started to pick up grease and debris from pickup beds. Ended up flipping the remaining strips up over the baskets out of the way. Lost about 25% of the strips and finally getting them replaced today (4-5 months for delivery). Cut to proper size to avoid the wrap.