What's new

Microfiber towels

MEP001

Reaction score
For about a month I wrapped towels from Sam's in a litter bag with our logo on it - I only found one on the ground.

Randy

Reaction score
We wash all new towels in HOT water and add a cup of vinegar to the wash to help remove the sizing. We buy our towels at Costco. The worse towel we ever sold is the Blue cloth towels, huck towel or surgical towels, they have different names but they are the same. We no longer sell the blue towels.

cdreed06

Reaction score
Have you had any problems with customers just throwing the ziplock on the ground?
I have thought about using the ziplock bags too but was concerned about his.
No not really any worse than the plastic wrap from the little trees. It seems to work out just fine.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I admire those of you who can find time and seemingly boundless energy to market and maintain their places. I feel like a slug. Stuff I never would seem to have the energy for like replacing, Vac Motor Brushes, rebuilding pumps, Shopping for (or do you just order and have them shipped?) Washing, Drying, Folding and bagging towels to vend.

vinh

Reaction score
Earl, we are in the business of collecting quarters. A penny save is a penny earn. I don't fold towels but do change vac brushes when they get worn. Got over 40 vacs to maintain so motor cost can add up. It is faster to change brushes then a motor for me. Just got confirmation that my pallet (60 cases) of microfiber towel will make in to California port this week from China. For next 4-5 years, I will be able to charge $1.25 to my customer for individually wrapped microfiber towels. I know I am crazy.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
. Got over 40 vacs to maintain so motor cost can add up. It is faster to change brushes then a motor for mey.
I have a similar number. Right now it's time to start adding winter formula shampoo to shampooers, Windshield washer deicer solvent to my air freshener concentrate, Found out both of my pickup salt spreaders are not working, need to get those going plus plows, Credit card pin pad upgrades - Seemed to be backlogged , & & & & & & &. Vac motor brushes - not so much.

vinh

Reaction score
There is some benefits in living in the south. No salt or deicer. When it snows here, the city and washes shuts down. I hear you guys make a lot of money after it snow.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
There is some benefits in living in the south. .
You mean like it being 10 degrees and you have a torch each each hand melting a literal 2 inches of ice off a vault so you can empty it.

cdreed06

Reaction score
You mean like it being 10 degrees and you have a torch each each hand melting a literal 2 inches of ice off a vault so you can empty it.
Yeah that really sucks. And the ice build up next to the pit that the floor heat doesn't get. That just seems to grow and grow until you bust it up.

cdreed06

Reaction score
I admire those of you who can find time and seemingly boundless energy to market and maintain their places. I feel like a slug. Stuff I never would seem to have the energy for like replacing, Vac Motor Brushes, rebuilding pumps, Shopping for (or do you just order and have them shipped?) Washing, Drying, Folding and bagging towels to vend.
Earl I am small time. Just one 3 SS and 1 IBA location. I do have a full time regular job as well as a antique store that my wife runs. We do find time to bag the package of towels now and again.

Etowah