What's new

Microfiber towels

soonermajic

Reaction score
I'm thinking of vending microfiber towels. I saw some guys get em from Costco & Sam's. How much are their mfb towels?

I saw Kleen Rite has Dr Joe's mfb towels now 16x16 for $75 per 100 pack.
Anyone have good experience with mfb towels? Anyone have bad experience with them?

MEP001

Reaction score
Sam's has several brands between 75 cents and $1.

chaz

Reaction score
Yep, the Costco (likely SAMS, too) are the best deal. I fold lenghtwise, roll and secure with a rubber band, so that the towels fit in a single spiral. $2.50 each

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
I concur with the Sam's microfiber towels. Been selling them for almost 10 years. Once in a while they change brands but the quality always seems to be the same. Last time I paid attention to cost they were about .40 cents each.

soonermajic

Reaction score
.40 is pretty good. Think I'll try some, & vend for $1.50. The mfb decal from Kleen-Rite has em for $2
I'll mark em down to $1.50, & they'll think they're getting a deal !
What's the actual towel, from Sam's, for. 40?

chaz

Reaction score
Remember, you are selling these one at a time. It's ok to make a profit. I doubt your customers are looking at the prove from KR or the 48 pack price at SAMS/Costco.

vinh

Reaction score
I sell a lot of microfiber towels at my washes. I buy the rainwipes light blue microfiber for about $0.60 and vend them for $1.25. They are my second best vending items beside the black ice.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Dang! I must be doing something wrong!?

After reading about Sam's mf towels I rushed right out to buy some.
It's been 32 hours now and I have yet to sell ONE!

:rolleyes:

chaz

Reaction score
When i first added the micro fiber towels, I cut out the wording on the pkg and displayed in on the vendor so my customers would see the new High quality towel. I vend a blue heavy disposable towel for 1$ from KR, the terry towel for $2$ and the microfiber for 2.50$ both from Costco. I don't get rich off of vending, buy I price some stuff higher to be able to sell some stuff for a bit less, and to allow me to hand out wipes and trees to customers as I wish.

vinh

Reaction score
I think selling mfb towels for more than $2 is too much. Vending is the last thing your customer will buy before they leave the wash. I mark up all vending only 100%. I hate for my customer to feel like they are getting rip off before leaving the wash.

Last edited:

chaz

Reaction score
I don't rip my customers off. I give them a great value for their money. My wash is kept clean and in working order. Any problems are fixed very quickly and customer suggestions/complaints are always followed up.
Bottom line...I provide a service that my customers pay for. There are no surprises at my wash, all prices and times are clearly posted. I guess if someone is not happy with my pricing they can go down the street before they spend anything. And that's, fine my wash is quite busy with those that feel they are getting a great value.

vinh

Reaction score
I don't rip my customers off. I give them a great value for their money. My wash is kept clean and in working order. Any problems are fixed very quickly and customer suggestions/complaints are always followed up.
Bottom line...I provide a service that my customers pay for. There are no surprises at my wash, all prices and times are clearly posted. I guess if someone is not happy with my pricing they can go down the street before they spend anything. And that's, fine my wash is quite busy with those that feel they are getting a great value.
Sorry you feel that I offended you. You are overcharging (not rip off) your customer if you buy a towel for $0.50 and mark it up 400%. There are members on this forum that supply free drying towel bin to their customers so they get a good value car wash experience. The whole express wash idea with free vacuum works with the same concept.

soonermajic

Reaction score
gonna get some mfb towels this week. Got the decal overlay from K-R & gonna mark it down from $2 ----> $1.50. I did that with Lil Trees, $1.25---> $1, & I can't keep em in stock!

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
People don't price shop this stuff. They mostly impulse buy it because it is there. Don't give it away. I have a basic pricing strategy at my washes. I price it as high as I think I can get away with. What I pay for it has little bearing on my selling price.

chaz

Reaction score
Agreed! Just because KleenrRite calls it a 50cent towel, (the blue heavy paper towel) doesn't mean you have to sell it for 50cents. Just like I can by my microfiber for about 40cents each and roll them for the vendor, instead of paying 75cents form KR.

Like "justclean" says..... "No one ever went broke be earning too much money"

cdreed06

Reaction score
I sell the Sams mf towels, folded and inside a cheap Sams ziplock bag in my glass front vendor. I have a hard time keeping them in stock.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I sell the Sams mf towels, folded and inside a cheap Sams ziplock bag in my glass front vendor. I have a hard time keeping them in stock.
Have you had any problems with customers just throwing the ziplock on the ground?
I have thought about using the ziplock bags too but was concerned about his.