What's new

Miami Dade county hand carwash permits/licenses

luisluis

Reaction score
I want to open a carwash at a Miami dade county location but I don't know what licenses or permits I need from Miami dade county to open a carwash.

luisluis

Reaction score
What is stopping you from going to City Hall and asking them? Seems like the first logical step to me…
Are you from Miami? If you lived in Miami you would know that the city doesn't answer any questions, You go somewhere government related and you get treated like you a criminal, All they tell you is check our website all the information is there , and it is there but if you don't know what you're looking for exactly, you can't find anything on their website.

luisluis

Reaction score
You should probably just give up then.
Asshole am on here trying to find out what I got to do, asking on here is part of me trying to get My questions answered, if you don't have anything productive to say then go mind your own business

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Every municipality is going to be different, with their own hoops to jump through. Sorry, but your going to have to go to city hall, maybe even get an attorney to guide you through the process.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Asshole am on here trying to find out what I got to do, asking on here is part of me trying to get My questions answered, if you don't have anything productive to say then go mind your own business
No car wash for you then, Asshole. Go do your own due diligence. Stop asking us to do it for you.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In my state/town you start with the planning board. You ask to be put on the agenda of the earliest meeting. You show up with a thorough plan, proposed location, etc. They ask about traffic flow, egress, signage, chemicals, utilities requirements, neighborhood impact, hours of operation, noise levels, etc. It's never easy, so it would be good if you develop a thicker skin.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Just spent a few seconds on the site but so far it seems straight forward?

https://www.miami.gov/estart/Home

I lived in Aventura and Ft Lauderdale for about 10 years. I remember one hand wash on US1 north of Hallandale Beach Blvd that would kill it.

Good luck

Reaction score
I would suggest you hire an attorney who specializes in land (if it is a new construction) development sometimes if the project is too small. If it's an exist site and you just want to do a change of use then again an attorney will help you better oftentimes county or city employees know the attorneys you have a better chance. I just purchased a self-service CAR WASH WITH four bays in Winter Haven, FL. Good LUCK