What's new

metering valve, though out equipment room

blvette84

Reaction score
we use the same metering valve for wax, soap, foam brush , we used our last one and can't find the make or model of it to buy new, the person that build our carwash in the early 90s is no longer around its has a asco solenoid 174-879-2 24v, the panels are setup for this valve and would be tough to change out to a different brand, the number on the solenoid looks like fv1826532u8820 I think, not sure of the brand of the solenoid, any help would be greatly apreciated, has front nob for metering with a flange to mount to front panel. its normally closed 24v with black plastic body

blvette84

Reaction score
I tried posting pics but can't figure it out, black plastic body mounts to front panel and then knob screws in from front, asco solenoid on it 24v

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Just a thought. I have eliminated or stopped using the metering valves. I adjust flow rate by pressure to the flo jet pump.

blvette84

Reaction score
we don't have flo jet pumps, we have a gravity feed mixing tanks that supply each pump that then using mixing valves to dilute further

Randy

Reaction score
I did a search on both parts numbers and couldn’t find much of anything. The 174-879-2 is a part number for an ASCO 24 volt solenoid coil. My advice would be to contact ASCO directly http://www.ascovalve.com/Home.aspx and see if they have a replacement for this obsolete valve. But don’t get your hopes up to high, I think you might be SOL. Who is the manufacture of this equipment? Or is it a locally fabricated equipment?

blvette84

Reaction score
locally made equipment stands, gravity feed pumps for water and chemicals, everything works great but run out of mixing valves.

MEP001

Reaction score
Take them off as they go bad, you don't need them.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
we don't have flo jet pumps, we have a gravity feed mixing tanks that supply each pump that then using mixing valves to dilute further
Could you just dilute the solution in the mixing tanks more (With existing Hydrominders / dosatrons/ metering pumps or whatever) and not use mixing valves?

blvette84

Reaction score
yea i am rebuilding two for now with some left over parts, then after they are gone going to dilute down in the tanks and install regular solenoid valves, found the company that made them and they went out of business back around 2000. on our hydrominders what tip do you use for say turtle was high pressure soap hp71-5

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
. on our hydrominders what tip do you use for say turtle was high pressure soap hp71-5
I don't use that product. My typical procedure is to start with the reccomended dilution and go to lower concentrate if the show is still good or higher if it needs to be better. Efficacy is usualy in lock step with the show.

Randy

Reaction score
Don’t you mean Turtle Wax HP 75-5? Back in the day we used to use Turtle wax products and found them to be very good products. They are expensive, but a good quality product. With the Turtle Wax products you have to use the dual tip metering block. Our Turtle Wax distributor sold out and we could no longer get Turtle Wax products. Since then we’ve switched over to JBS Fonic from Kleen-Rite and couldn’t be happier. For Wax we use the Simonize Lemon Glo.