What's new

Meter decal input

APW

Reaction score
Wanted input before I get these printed. Would you change the order or anything else? Screenshot_20210806-094913_Gmail.jpg

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Change "OFF" to "STOP"

Swap Tire Cleaner and Pre-Soak positions

Swap Rinse and Foam Brush positions

Reactions: APW

APW

Reaction score
I put it as off because people call me saying I turned it to stop and the credit card is still running.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I put it as off because people call me saying I turned it to stop and the credit card is still running.
Exactly. I bitched for years to get the decals mfrs. to quit using STOP. I also bitched to the CC people to give us some type of access to their STOP circuit, so it would make it easier for us to add some type of external STOP mechanism.

I would go one step further on the OFF button, and make it NOT look like a stop sign. Maybe red letters on a white background, or a completely different color altogether.

I think the TC and PS are in the correct order, but I would swap RINSE and FB.

mac

Reaction score
Custom decals are always better. Nice job.

MEP001

Reaction score
I did this about 15 years ago. I scanned actual bills - I had to scan them into a really old photo editing program, remove the serial numbers and posterize the hell out of the image before Adobe wouldn't reject it as an image of currency.

decaledit13h.jpg

I also bitched to the CC people to give us some type of access to their STOP circuit, so it would make it easier for us to add some type of external STOP mechanism.
I've done it with Cryptopay. It probably voids the warranty, but the readers I modified all lasted beyond warranty with no problems. I used a programmable relay to briefly close the circuit five second after "STOP" is selected.

Reactions: APW

APW

Reaction score
I can't take credit, National pride was smart enough to put the $5 bill image on there.

Overachiever

Reaction score
I always wish I put something on mine that told them that they should use the dial in a clockwise order starting from Off.. not sure how to word it, but thought maybe it would increase customer satisfaction by letting them do some of the low pressure things before they fill the hose with HP water and need to wait for the low pressure to push it out.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
On the very top of the signage where you state:
Minutes - Seconds

I would change “Coin” to say “Quarters“. Otherwise you will get people putting in pennies, dimes and nickels.

Greg_T

Reaction score
1 Licola Road, Heyfield, Victoria, Australia
I have used some washes here in Australia that will automatically end the credit card transaction if the selector is left in the "stop" position for a set time, something like 20 seconds. I wish ours could do that, but no such luck.