What's new

Meter Boxes for dummies thread

Strava

Reaction score
Now that I have two weeks of carwash ownership under my belt, I'm going to start educating myself on potential upgrades & improvements I can make. I'm picking my SS bay meter boxes as my first improvement. I'm compiling a list of manufactures and wanted to know if I'm missing any. What do you suggest? Any advice on meter boxes would be greatly appreciated!

1. colemanhanna.com
2. etowahvalleyequipment.com
3. dultmeier.com
4. cpcarwash.com

1. Any features that I should look for?
2. I want a CC reader, do I go with nayax, cryptopay or some other brand.
3. I'm in a low crime rural area, should I buy ones with bill validators?
4. What are the advantages or disadvantages of meters with buttons vs a turn knob?
5. With new boxes is there any way you can see data about which option was used most, time and income online?

Attachments

dbcknghm

Reaction score
nearly the same thing as I am going through...... so used the Nayax Onyx and did most myself as we are rural and nearly impossible to get service ..... so I simply had some stainless parts made up and had a local welder tig them on..... set up the unit with soldered/heat shrinked connections and connectors so when u swap them out/service them you are not down long.....also label your wires the first time......made, wired, trouble shooted and programed myself w tech support which is good.... use the good antennae up front (not the one that comes stock with it)...... I put a cel booster in the building as well..... I also would have put the manual stop button on right away as we had quite a few instances where people had a tough time turning it off (screen would not respond to touch to stop the unit) - the 'red' button would solve that one...... do 'count up' with decent high maximums and it works well as a timer .... make your signs/instructions simple n idiot proof..... our change machine is in a single central spot less affected by wind and moisture...... you may need an interface which is available and inexpensive - below is a pic ( magikist winnipeg ) ...... Nayax has a HUGE dashboard that is overwhelming at first but gives you tons of data that you may want to use.....

Attachments

DavidM

Reaction score
I would take a look at Ginsan as well. I prefer the push buttons to the rotary knobs. I think they make a better impression to the customer.

It looks like you have D&S in there now, it might be worth talking to them, sometimes upgrading with the same company is easier than switching.

David

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
I’ve become a big fan of Ginsan...They are great to work with.

I have them equipped with ElectroSwitch 10 position rotary switches for reliability and easy/inexpensive replacement. Add a seal nut: N9060X1/4 2 APM Hexseal | Switches | DigiKey and a glob of silicone grease to the stem to prevent rust and corrosion.

Dixmor LED6 timers. Reliable, reasonably priced, and works great with…

Nayax VPOS Touch on count up for credit/debit/tap/ApplePay/SamsungPay
If you are in a weak cell area, Nayax can provide optional connectors for ethernet installation…just run Cat5e or Cat6 cable along with your multi-conductor control cable. Add a simple network switch to connect the card readers to the modem.

MicroCoin multi-coin acceptors for quarters, $1coins, tokens of different value.

Never again will I install bill acceptors. They are just too damned tempting to the criminal element.

IMG_1283 (2).jpg

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
National pride is one your missing & Dan at ginsan is a great guy to work with. Carolina pride does nice meters also mercury vision can monitor each function like you want but that can get pricey & proprietary & even jim at Etowah does nice ones also. Its honestly how much you want to spend on meters and how much security you want & functions. I know every manufacture mentioned does nice meters but i cant say that for jim coleman i dont think they specialize in that like the others do. Almost every one of these will build them how you want ex: dixmor timers or there proprietary timers. Micro coin, slug buster, sensortron, bill validators, push button or rotary switch ect ect the list goes on

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
The first question is one you have to answer: What do you want to do now and possibly in the future. You should be able to fit a Crypotopy reader on that door but not a Nayax. Depending on the age of the components, we can sometimes reuse those on new doors to save you some money.

Carwashking

Reaction score
nearly the same thing as I am going through...... so used the Nayax Onyx and did most myself as we are rural and nearly impossible to get service ..... so I simply had some stainless parts made up and had a local welder tig them on..... set up the unit with soldered/heat shrinked connections and connectors so when u swap them out/service them you are not down long.....also label your wires the first time......made, wired, trouble shooted and programed myself w tech support which is good.... use the good antennae up front (not the one that comes stock with it)...... I put a cel booster in the building as well..... I also would have put the manual stop button on right away as we had quite a few instances where people had a tough time turning it off (screen would not respond to touch to stop the unit) - the 'red' button would solve that one...... do 'count up' with decent high maximums and it works well as a timer .... make your signs/instructions simple n idiot proof..... our change machine is in a single central spot less affected by wind and moisture...... you may need an interface which is available and inexpensive - below is a pic ( magikist winnipeg ) ...... Nayax has a HUGE dashboard that is overwhelming at first but gives you tons of data that you may want to use.....
How much was the Nayax Onyx for each bay? Anything you regret with this tap to pay

RAM

Reaction score
You can also pull your service function information online by using lighted push button and GT200 timer controls from IDX. IF you have other maunfucture meter equipment, you can still pull the function information and any other input like changer door open, lighting, temperature, etc. with the IDX SCADA system for data acquisition.

Reaction score
Now that I have two weeks of carwash ownership under my belt, I'm going to start educating myself on potential upgrades & improvements I can make. I'm picking my SS bay meter boxes as my first improvement. I'm compiling a list of manufactures and wanted to know if I'm missing any. What do you suggest? Any advice on meter boxes would be greatly appreciated!

1. colemanhanna.com
3. dultmeier.com
4. cpcarwash.com

4. What are the advantages or disadvantages of meters with buttons vs a turn knob?
5. With new boxes is there any way you can see data about which option was used most, time and income online?
Hello there! First off, congrats on your new wash! Welcome to the car wash family!
We manufacture self serve pay stations as well. Car_wash_guy posted a photo of our BayStation above along with a link to our website. The BayStation is a great product that allows credit card, loyalty card, coins, cash, and payments through our new app, UWash. We also have the ability to tie all of our equipment together into one system for you, so if you want to add credit or app payments later on to your other services (vacs, automatic, pet wash, etc), you're easily able to do it without purchasing all new pay stations or meter boxes. We would love to chat more with you about it if you're interested. Feel free to reach out to us through our website, email us at sales@washcard.com, or give us a call at 651-661-9710. Look forward to talking with you and hearing more about your car wash!

Last edited:
Reaction score

1. colemanhanna.com
3. dultmeier.com
4. cpcarwash.com

Have you made your update yet for your wash? I am interested in what you found and decided to go with. I also need to order 4 boxes for my wash.

dbcknghm

Reaction score
How much was the Nayax Onyx for each bay? Anything you regret with this tap to pay

I did myself so no labor cost - metal work $300/bay, electrical $150, Unit $300, ish....... regrets..... asked more questions on the learning side for set up..... our initial issue was that the unit would not turn off by hitting stop or X..... that seemed to solve and now we have the opposite issue - it auto stops for no reason at any/odd times so people require a refund as they have to tap more than twice to get a simple wash..... on the other side it does give you the ability to refund remotely via the mail and receipts are simple.....

Mattp

Reaction score
I’ve become a big fan of Ginsan...They are great to work with.

I have them equipped with ElectroSwitch 10 position rotary switches for reliability and easy/inexpensive replacement. Add a seal nut: N9060X1/4 2 APM Hexseal | Switches | DigiKey and a glob of silicone grease to the stem to prevent rust and corrosion.

Dixmor LED6 timers. Reliable, reasonably priced, and works great with…

Nayax VPOS Touch on count up for credit/debit/tap/ApplePay/SamsungPay
If you are in a weak cell area, Nayax can provide optional connectors for ethernet installation…just run Cat5e or Cat6 cable along with your multi-conductor control cable. Add a simple network switch to connect the card readers to the modem.

MicroCoin multi-coin acceptors for quarters, $1coins, tokens of different value.

Never again will I install bill acceptors. They are just too damned tempting to the criminal element.
Hi Cantbreak80, I just have a quick question on your wiring as I am looking to install the VPOS to my Ginsan doors with Dixmor LED6 with count up mode in mind. I see Nayax VPOS Touch connects a single wire (Pulse 1) to the Dixmor LED6 (Pin 8), is it as simple as that? or do I have to make some connections to the ginsan control board? I am using the gs610 control board that goes with the lumi touch. Also, did you wire in an external stop button? Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Hi Cantbreak80, I just have a quick question on your wiring as I am looking to install the VPOS to my Ginsan doors with Dixmor LED6 with count up mode in mind. I see Nayax VPOS Touch connects a single wire (Pulse 1) to the Dixmor LED6 (Pin 8), is it as simple as that? or do I have to make some connections to the ginsan control board? I am using the gs610 control board that goes with the lumi touch. Also, did you wire in an external stop button? Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
The green wire from the Nayax goes to the white/black(pin) wire of the LED6. The two blacks go to 24VAC common and the two reds go to 24VAC hot.

Attachments