What's new

Meter box wire connector

Don B.

Reaction score
I’m replacing all my rotary switches and wire connections. Anyone ever use this terminal strip disconnect on the wires for the rotary switch to the 18/15 control wire for the quick disconnect? These have the screw on wire connection. No crimping. My old wiring has the molex 15 pin crimp connector. I hate all the crimping! I thought with this strip-type you could mount the female side to the inside of coin box and the male side to the wires from rotary switch. Seems like it would work good.

Attachments

Don B.

Reaction score
I've never used that one, so I can't comment on its quality. It looks like you have to loosen screw terminals to unplug it.

These are pretty common in car washes:

There's a lever-lock style too.
I think they just plug in. I think the screws are for the wires. But I could be wrong. I looked at the phoenix style. There pretty expensive. These were a little lower cost. They will be enclosed in the meter box so they should be fairly well protected. I think I’m going to try them.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I've used those types in the distant past and I don't recall any issues. I think it was a D&S system, but don't know if they used them or if it was just the independent installer's choice.

Don B.

Reaction score
I've used those types in the distant past and I don't recall any issues. I think it was a D&S system, but don't know if they used them or if it was just the independent installer's choice.
I’m going to try them. Seems pretty handy. Don’t have to do all the crimping!

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I think they just plug in. I think the screws are for the wires. But I could be wrong. I looked at the phoenix style. There pretty expensive. These were a little lower cost. They will be enclosed in the meter box so they should be fairly well protected. I think I’m going to try them.

Don, once you figure out which phoenix connector you want just go on ebay and buy them. I bought a whole box for a fraction of the cost.