What's new

Metal thieves in Omaha

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
I lost 2 pit grates today sometime between 8:30 in the morning and 6:30 tonight. I've heard of other washes losing them recently in the Omaha area also.

Keith

sprocket

Reaction score
The thieves were stealing mine so often I welded them all together and welded some 1/4 inch plates on them. Now there so heavy they are almost to heavy to remove to clean the pits but I still have them.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I lost 2 pit grates today sometime between 8:30 in the morning and 6:30 tonight. I've heard of other washes losing them recently in the Omaha area also.

Keith
Keith,

Kind of makes for even better argument for more & better sensors & cameras!

MJ

buda

Reaction score
You are lucky if you lost only the pit grates. The meth addicts in our area are stealing anything they can carry. Park benches for the metal frames; guard rails from highway barriers.

Car wash related, they cut the chain locking our gate and drove a pickup up to our dock and took all of the 4" x 6" aluminum legs of a used car wash system we had in storage; the conveyor chain and rollers; a UNIMAC Extractor and most of the aluminum parts of a Stripper Air Dryer.

As for cameras, we had security cameras at our exterior wash and on two occasions caught the people red-handed on camera:

a. He stole an aluminum door off our pay terminal. Police caught him, he admitted the theft and the district attorney never prosecuted him.

b. In another case, a man was caught on camera assaulting my partner (hitting him and knocking him down) and again the distrist attorney never prosecuted.

Regards

mac

Reaction score
It's sad to note that so many officials don't arrest and prosecute these jerks. That's why I have a concealed carry permit.

buda

Reaction score
Mac

The problem with carrying a concealed weapon is that in today's court system the "offenders" have more rights than the victims.

You shoot an offender and they will probably throw you in jail.

Bud Abraham

mac

Reaction score
The offenders can only sue you if they're alive.