What's new

Metal High Pressure Guns

toddmullens

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any manufacturer that makes a spray gun with a metal housing. I am sick of replacing guns after a month simply because the housing is busted all to hell. Surely some manufacturers out there make one with a lightweight aluminum housing that’s coated with plastic or something like foam brush handles are coated.

OurTown

Reaction score
You must have some rough customers.

toddmullens

Reaction score
I have tried every brand of gun available. I am about to test the new cat pump gun that is supposedly super duty. I guess we have a few customers that just like to break stuff. At first, I figured they were ****ed because something wasn’t working or something along that line, but that is hardly ever the case. They just throw the guns down for no particular reason. I have caught a few in the act and dog cussed them, which made me feel better, but I am sure didnt help with the problem at all. Just typically car wash a-holes doing things that a-holes do. We all know the drill.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
In my experience JE Adams guns are the toughest plastic but uncomfortable you could try taking a case of them to a local Line-X dealer and get them to coat the entire gun you may have to take apart and get the housing coated only but they would be hard as a rock. Just thinking out loud. Get them to do one gun to start with just to try it. Carolina pride used to make a Lance wands that was stainless tube and was dipped coated in a bulletproof material similar material like line-x vs the hamel ones are plastic and I still know a site that has them they never break or chip.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Reaction score
Knuckle guard is what always breaks on my guns so I don't know if even this gun would help in that regard.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've had knuckeguards break on both Giant and Cat guns.

toddmullens, have you tried Adams guns? They're nearly indestructible.

Reaction score
I am going to try Adams guns after all the feedback on the forum. I do use Giants now and rarely have issues other than the plastic parts breaking.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I quit using giants over 10 years ago because the plastic guard was breaking on them very quickly and to me they leaked faster on the seals. The adams guns plastic is the toughest in my experience but very uncomfortable because of the sharp edges and I had more freeze ups years ago with them, but if you go to there website they have a high flow weep one I never tried that one. I always come back to the cheap kleen rites ones for comfort. If I had customers rough housing my equipment I would have JE Adams ones.