What's new

Menu boards

RAATCB

Reaction score
Does anyone know where to buy a menu sign with red background and white writing? I use to order from craftmark but they are out of business. All the suppliers "Kleenrite" National Pride, Etowah, Dilling-harris, only carry blue background.

Where can I get a hold of the red background with white writing? This seems very strange why no one has that background color.

chaz

Reaction score
I had all my signs redone just a few months ago. I used a local guy. His pricing was not much more than the ready made and I got the verbiage, size, and colors I wanted plus my logo and phone

MEP001

Reaction score
Either contact a local print shop that can do vinyl or try STAVend, and have a custom decal made you can put on aluminum or a sheet of HIPS.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Where can I get a hold of the red background with white writing? This seems very strange why no one has that background color.
Talk to a sign makers. They will tell you red background with white letting is not a good choice for choices readability of sentences/paragraphs.

Last edited:

JustClean

Reaction score
If you know how to use this free software https://inkscape.org/en/
you can do your own design and just use a local sign maker to print it out. That saves you and them heaps of time and usually you get the signs really cheap. That's what I do all the time.

sparkey

Reaction score
Go to buildasign.com and design your own. They have several materials to choose from. You design the sign the way you want it on their website and they send it to you. Very reasonable I use them for almost everything.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I bought an old wash. The menu signs are Large & made of metal. They are extremely dirty & can't be cleaned.
Question: what about flipping them over & putting a "wrap" on the back? Would that work, or is there something else that is smarter & cheaper?

MEP001

Reaction score
You should be able to put another decal layer on the back as long as the aluminum isn't corroded.

High-impact polystyrene is pretty tough and a lot cheaper than aluminum.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I just had the D & S car wash graphic dept. make up 6 menu signs for my coin box doors.
I talked to a guy named Mark. Threw some ideas around with him by email.
He sent me some PDF's., made a few changes and it was done. Sent me a final proof.
They were easy to work with.
What I found out is they make all different sizes of signs for the walls, vacs, doors, etc. which I didn't know about.
This is first thing I've bought from them in a long time.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I'm sure it is cheaper than NEW Aluminum, but I already have these. So, nothing is cheaper than using the other side. Ha

Etowah

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
I'm sure it is cheaper than NEW Aluminum, but I already have these. So, nothing is cheaper than using the other side. Ha
You still need graphics.
Call Mark and tell him what you want to do.
He might be able to design the art work on a sheet of material with stick um that you can install on the back of your old but free aluminum, lol.