What's new

Memories

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Clearing out my storage area yesterday and OMG!

Eight file boxes containing every document for my car wash…1993-1998.

I mean EVERY document…Incorporation, Loan, Lease, Taxes, Daily Cash Reports, Bank Statements (with deposit slips and checks), Invoices, Packing Slips, Receipts, Balance Sheets, General Ledgers, P&Ls, Customer Refund Letters, Maintenance Records, Notes to Self, etc.

My anal-retentive record keeping provided significant detail…with things like Daily sales of Armorall, blue towels, wet towels, Little Tree fragrance, Vacuum income, Bay income…

Seeing my signature, my hand must have been visibly shaking as I signed the loan papers @ 8.75% interest rate…and the $3,195/mo triple net lease agreement with it’s built-in annual CPI increases and it’s $10K/yr property tax liability.

And then, one year later…the first Owner's Paycheck that I wrote to myself. WooHoo!

The 1999-2018 boxes have significantly fewer pages to shred due to electronification. Now, where’s my floppy disc drive?

Wash4Life

Reaction score
That's really cool. I remember about a decade or so ago when I went into a filing cabinet in my parents' basement and found 1990s records. My mind was flooded back with memories.