What's new

Membership Plan pricing advice

ShinePro

Reaction score
Ok
I have a lot to report on Hamilton App
Will do so later tonight when I get to my computer.
Bugs have been resolved!
Had to up grade my app due to Google changes
More later

OurTown

Reaction score
Something I noticed the tunnels seem to be doing is raising the retail wash price really high and making the club price multiplier lower making it more enticing to join. Many are at 2X on the bottom wash to about 1.6X on the top wash. Anyone who buys a top wash would probably seriously consider a club membership if they think there is a possibility they will come back within a month. They might even feel smart they joined because they are going to save so much money. The reality is that the retail price is too high for most to purchase several times per month.

washnshine

Reaction score
Something I noticed the tunnels seem to be doing is raising the retail wash price really high and making the club price multiplier lower making it more enticing to join. Many are at 2X on the bottom wash to about 1.6X on the top wash. Anyone who buys a top wash would probably seriously consider a club membership if they think there is a possibility they will come back within a month. They might even feel smart they joined because they are going to save so much money. The reality is that the retail price is too high for most to purchase several times per month.
Right. With all the add-ons available now, it’s not hard to bump up the top package to the $22-$25 range. Monthly becomes much more sensible. The big membership models also know the limit people are willing to pay monthly and I don’t think I’ve seen anyone charge above $45 yet. At least around me.

OurTown

Reaction score
Right. With all the add-ons available now, it’s not hard to bump up the top package to the $22-$25 range. Monthly becomes much more sensible. The big membership models also know the limit people are willing to pay monthly and I don’t think I’ve seen anyone charge above $45 yet. At least around me.

Most are exactly what you said except Mike's. They need to put the crack pipe down.

https://www.mikescarwash.com/pages/optionsPrices

They even have pay vacs at those prices! 😂

washnshine

Reaction score
Most are exactly what you said except Mike's. They need to put the crack pipe down.

https://www.mikescarwash.com/pages/optionsPrices

They even have pay vacs at those prices! 😂
Oh my - I had no idea anyone was charging these prices. Thanks for sharing that. Most places have a 12 month option - I see they only go to six months - probably to prevent sticker shock!

At those prices too should be able to go through every hour if you want 😆

ShinePro

Reaction score
Oh my - I had no idea anyone was charging these prices. Thanks for sharing that. Most places have a 12 month option - I see they only go to six months - probably to prevent sticker shock!

At those prices too should be able to go through every hour if you want 😆
Well maybe they arent
2 weeks of radio ads advertising get a monthy plan for the price of a single wash.

Carwashclubber

Reaction score
We use the Hamilton APP with a limited monthly program as well as with wash books and wash specials.

The APP or the DAN system required to use the app or Hosted Solutions or our Goldlines has some bugs in it that have gone unresolved for many many months that have made the app impossible to use for some of our customers. It is old technology that gets little attention from Hamilton. As much as I like the GL as a simple Paystation that gets the basics done I would recommend a newer solution that has some support behind it for a monthly program.

We used Everwash beforehand, only switched to gain control of our member information and to have more selling options. The simple tech of Everwash would be an ideal cost effective solution if the system was more open for owners to use in the best way for their operation. Hope this info helps.
Dude, wish I had purchased Hamilton before getting locked into Dencar world, ugh. So dumb.

Zal

Reaction score
We doubled income at one site with Dencar so it does work. All technology has bugs so you if you don't want to deal with it then good old Goldline is fine. I understand both arguments, but I would not give up the Dencar and memberships at this time. I only look for it to keep us in the game where competition is high such as tunnel washes across the street or down the road.

ShinePro

Reaction score
We doubled income at one site with Dencar so it does work. All technology has bugs so you if you don't want to deal with it then good old Goldline is fine. I understand both arguments, but I would not give up the Dencar and memberships at this time. I only look for it to keep us in the game where competition is high such as tunnel washes across the street or down the road.
Yep - as I have said on other threads on here. Everybody has similar but very different demographics and situations.

Etowah

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Gross. The busier we get with members the more cash customers we got as well. Busy places attract more customers.
Thanks, would like to hear some net revenue numbers from some club members if you don't mind sharing. On a percentage basis is fine.

Last edited:

Zal

Reaction score
Thanks, would like to hear some net revenue numbers from some club members if you don't mind sharing. On a percentage basis is fine.
Sorry for not having time to get to more exact numbers, Gross has doubled, average wash price dropped by less than a buck. expenses are still in line with previous sales as cost per car is within a few cents of previous years, It took a few months to see results and more marketing at the wash helps. Digital signage is probably better than spending cash on employees but if you have employees then training them makes sense.