What's new

Melted wire/contactor from electric motor

MEP001

Reaction score
The manufacturer of what, the equipment? No, those motors are not supposed to be greased routinely. And it will not trip anything from lack of grease. It will make noise when the bearings are bad or dry.

Reaction score
UPDATE: The problem became permanent. I had to manually push the witch on the contactor down for the motor to start working. Replaced the contactor which had some signs of burn and checked it with Ohm meter showing one of the connection not always working.

MANLO

Reaction score
Is the problem fixed now that you put in a new contactor? I had a similar problem a couple of years ago and the underlying cause turned out to not be electrical. I had the pump fed with city water and PSI was too much for the pump and motor, so the overload kept tripping. I changed that pump to gravity feed and no problems since. Your picture of the burnt wire and melted contactor looks identical to what happened to mine. Hope it is resolved.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Is the problem fixed now that you put in a new contactor? I had a similar problem a couple of years ago and the underlying cause turned out to not be electrical. I had the pump fed with city water and PSI was too much for the pump and motor, so the overload kept tripping. I changed that pump to gravity feed and no problems since. Your picture of the burnt wire and melted contactor looks identical to what happened to mine. Hope it is resolved.
MANLO,

If you go back on some previous posts ... Randy Nix & others have gone with a pressure reducing regulator on the city water side rather than gravity. Something to consider.

Etowah