What's new

MEI Bill Validator repair?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Has anyone used any repair series to repair a MEI Validator? I was all set to buy a new one when I found some results on Google showing places that have a core exchange for rebuilt units?

Or maybe I'll buy a new one and still send the core out to have a backup?

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
Randy has fixed a couple of mine, too. He fixed them right and at a fair price. I would buy a new one so you always have a spare, though.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Yep, Randy is the Go To Guy here on the forum when it comes to repairing validators and hoppers! He will take Excellent Care of you and not charge an Arm and Leg!

L

loewem

Randy has helped me out too. Knows what he is doing, does is pretty fast and reasonably priced.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'll reach out to him and send him mine ( if he's still doing it ) to have a spare. Thanks again!

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Bought a new one from an online vendor and sent the faulty one to Randy as per the man recommendations here.

vinh

Reaction score
I dont recommend sending validators in for repair. You can buy a new one for $200 online. cost for repair is at least $125. I change belts myself and if it does works well, the board is not worth repairing. The is a great youtube video online from a female on how to change belts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4ON7gRvvXY

Bought a new one from an online vendor and sent the faulty one to Randy as per the man recommendations here.

carwash11147

Reaction score
Does anyone know where you can purchase replacement circuit boards for the MARS validator? Mine work great until the bottom validator board gets corroded from condensation and/or bay over spray. I can change them in-bay in about three minutes and save myself $90 plus $30 round trip shipping to have a "certified repair facility" do it.

slash007

Reaction score
I've bought them from eBay, replaced a bunch over the years. Like you said, very easy and quick to do. I haven't had any luck finding the long board though, only the small one that would most likely get water damaged. Btw, I had that problem often until I added clear swinging covers over my validators. Never had one go out after that.

Randy

Reaction score
The long board or the main control board is the most expensive part of the Mars validators. I very seldom ever see a used one. I can get them but they are expensive.