What's new

MEI 2000 Combo Validator

waterway

Reaction score
I currently have a few older hamilton auto cashiers at my car washes and have been having a lot of trouble with the credit card acceptors going down and taking a very long time processing credit cards. So I recently was looking at the MEI 2000 Series combo validator with a credit card processor. This validator mounts to the same cut out on any series 2000 validator that has been mounted and works off of a cellular signal. I have seen these validators before in service and they work great. The only problem I have is that they are 32 Volts and my current MEI validators are 24 Volts. Does anyone know where or how I could convert the voltage up for this validator. If I can figure it out I am planning on purchasing one of these validators. Thanks a lot.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's not going to work. The communication isn't compatible between the two.

Randy

Reaction score
I wish it was that simple. It’s a good idea but the Series 2000 Combo acceptor a vending type validator that uses a MDB (Multi drop bus) communication protocol and won’t work with a Bill Changer or ACW. Most Bill Changers and ACW’s use a pulse communication. I’ve looked at a few times and I wish I could get it to work.

mr-gte

northeast Pa
Reaction score
MEI Combo Bezels

Bill,
Misterbirds payment systems currently unitizes MEI combo bezels in selfserve bay applications.
System can be retrofitted into any existing inbay payment boxs, vacs and vending machines. Reprogramming of Hamilton's HTK box gives a complete system including RFID.
Mike:)