What's new

medeco plug lock, ugly!

jack954

Reaction score
this is what i came into this morning. thief spent an unsuccessful hour trying to get into it, then i spent an unsuccessful 2 hours trying to finish it. what’s best bits to use-cobalt, titanium?

Attachments

Randy

Reaction score
I see it was amateur day today! I sent you a PM telling you how to get it out.

Reactions: APW

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
FWIW This is why I had a circular collar that fits around a hockey puck lock and a Metal Square with a rectangle tab and hole in it welded to the door. Hopefully they will get tired by the time they get done with the Hockey puck. If I do it over i would likely have the welding shop do the same metal tab but a separate cover like they have on some vaults - for the hockey puck lock.

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
FWIW This is why I had a circular collar that fits around a hockey puck lock and a Metal Square with a rectangle tab and hole in it welded to the door. Hopefully they will get tired by the time they get done with the Hockey puck. If I do it over i would likely have the welding shop do the same metal tab but a separate cover like they have on some vaults - for the hockey puck lock.
Do you have a picture of this?

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
This says "Also available for change machines" and looks like it just mounts flush on the changer, so it might fit on the safe head. It would install in a few minutes with no special tools.

pay-station-locks-2018.jpg

If you do have a tab welded on, use a good lock like CobraLock. The American 2000 pucks can be melted off in a few minutes and opened with a comb almost as easily as with the key.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
the last time i had a drill- out attempt on a medeco plug lock it was so half-a$$ed an attempt that i was still able to use the key to remove it!

Randy

Reaction score
the last time i had a drill- out attempt on a medeco plug lock it was so half-a$$ed an attempt that i was still able to use the key to remove it!
I've never that lucky. The idiots normally break the drill bit off inside the lock.

WashOwner

Reaction score
I've had the same issue, but on the Medeco Cam locks on my JE Adams Shampoo vac. He tried both locks but didn't get in. Can someone PM instructions on how to drill out or remove the cam locks? I have replacements.

MEP001

Reaction score
Can you show any proof that you own a car wash? I hope you can understand how your first post here seems fishy.

WashOwner

Reaction score
Can you show any proof that you own a car wash? I hope you can understand how your first post here seems fishy.
Understood, and I appreciate the caution, this forum shouldn't be a university for carwash crooks. Here's a photo of the damage. I got replacement camlocks from Kleen-Rite but I'm looking for suggestions on how to get the damaged ones out without causing more damage to the faceplate or internals. Thanks for the help!

Drilled out Medeco.jpg

Randy

Reaction score
Nice picture. It doesn't tell me much. I just sent you a PM asking for the location of your car wash

Etowah