What's new

Medeco Lock Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I saw a previous thread information on drilling out a Medeco lock barrel that had some PM's sent. I had one of mine tampered with recently and it looks like there is a broken key inside the lock (about 1/4" inside). I called a locksmith last week and he still has not come yet. The coin box will be full soon so I want to drill it out. Any info you can PM with on this would be greatly appreciated.
Buzzie

Randy

Reaction score
Instructions are on their way.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Locksmith finally showed up before I had time to start drilling. Probably a good thing though. He used a small little drill bit type tool that he screwed in above and below the broken off metal. After about 15-20 minutes of continuing to insert these tools and yanking out, a small steak knife tip was removed from the lock. A well spent $55 considering I could still use the lock.

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
Yikes

Unfortunately, I need to also ask that someone PM me the way to drill out a medeco lock without damaging the vacuum.

Some moron tried to drill out one of mine and now I can't get into the vac.

Thanks!

Randy

Reaction score

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
Medeco

Thanks, guys. You guys rock.

I got the lock issue solved without destroying my vac in the process. So there is hope for me, maybe. :)

Hoser06

Reaction score
Hi all, I too need to request a PM with instructions to drill out a medeco lock on one of my Gold line cashiers. Some guy mangled a perfectly good steak knife trying to gain access. Caught it all on camera but he had a dark hoody on...
cheers!

Randy

Reaction score

mjc3333

Reaction score
Randy, could I get a PM about the Medico locks? Have the same problem as others.

Thanks in advance.

bjo

Reaction score
Hi Randy,
Could I get a copy of those instructions. I've done it a few times but there has to be a better way than I have been doing it.
Thanks,
Bjo

nelizabethivy

Reaction score
Hi Randy,
Could I get a copy of those instructions. I've done it a few times but there has to be a better way than I have been doing it.
Thanks,
Bjo
Hi randy , I know this was an old post but I need instructions on drilling out a medecco lock as well. My vacuums are all fine but I also own a laundry mat and had some moron try to break into my lock and damaged it

MEP001

Reaction score
Can you post a picture of the damaged unit?

Randy

Reaction score
Hi randy , I know this was an old post but I need instructions on drilling out a medecco lock as well. My vacuums are all fine but I also own a laundry mat and had some moron try to break into my lock and damaged it
Just keep doing it the way you have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.