What's new

Medco cylinder lock problem

TheTallGuy

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I own a 4 bay ss wash in Lincoln, NE. I haven’t had this problem much. The other day when I was at the car wash I found the lock had been tampered with. The vandals weren’t successful but they screwed up the lock and I can’t get into the vault. I too need advice on what to do or instructions on how to drill the lock out. I don’t know any members that can vouch for me. If someone would PM me I can give you my phone #. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Bill Capron

Reaction score
I’ve had success with flushing the lock out with WD-40 and then gently tapping the key in with a hammer.
Then the lock is removed and thrown away.
If that doesn’t work start drilling. The locks have hardened steel pins cast into them. You will expose the pins as you drill.
Pick them out with a hammer and chisel. Take your time. Have extra drill bits.

Blanco

Reaction score
Medeco stainless steel plug locks are not fun or easy to drill out. Call a professional locksmith. It will be cheeper then buying a bunch of drill bits and spending hours trying to drill it out.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
If tapping the key in does not work, With the proper tool being careful not to damage the housing it's a 10 minute job for a newbie. Quicker with practice . (Thanks Randy for the advice.) Try Bills advise and if that doesn't work PM me or Randy. After that you may want to do what I did was to have a circular collar and square hasp for a hockey puck lock welded to the safe head. This will at least slow thieves down.

Blanco

Reaction score
If tapping the key in does not work, With the proper tool being careful not to damage the housing it's a 10 minute job for a newbie. Quicker with practice . (Thanks Randy for the advice.) Try Bills advise and if that doesn't work PM me or Randy. After that you may want to do what I did was to have a circular collar and square hasp for a hockey puck lock welded to the safe head. This will at least slow thieves down.
10 minutes or quicker! I’d pay to see that!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
10 minutes or quicker! I’d pay to see that!
MEP says 5 Minutes and I said 10. (I have only done 4) Are you paying the same for either of us. Or does he get more becuase he finsihes quicker?

Blanco

Reaction score
Haha I hear what you guys are saying but talk is cheap!

Earl, you get 10 minutes $100.

MEP, I’ll give you $150 if you get it done in 5 minutes.

If you guys are unsuccessful though, each of you owe me a fifth of Tito’s Vodka and a forum thread titled “BLANCO WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG”

Your going to have to FaceTime me for proof from start to finish. You can’t damage housing either.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've got a bunch of old ones I only have one key for and don't have a number to order more keys. I'd planned to send them to the LockPickingLawyer on YouTube, but I'll keep one to open up and make a video. I can upload raw unedited video straight from the camera.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I've got a bunch of old ones I only have one key for and don't have a number to order more keys. I'd planned to send them to the LockPickingLawyer on YouTube, but I'll keep one to open up and make a video. I can upload raw unedited video straight from the camera.
Great MEP. I don't have any spares to ruin so do one saying you are me and collect that $100 as well.

Blanco

Reaction score
Using your own locks and recording a video is equivalent to me starting a raffle, entering in the raffle, and choosing the winner! I already posted a picture of two brand new locks I’m willing to send out. FaceTime is a must if you want my money!