What's new

Mechanical Vender?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Anyone have one? I have a Shurvend by my vending area, but I've been considering adding a mechanical vender to mount out by my towel station. Thinking I'd get some sales from people drying their car and doing their windows and have some change in the car to buy a Armor All pad or whatnot.

Thoughts?

celica

Reaction score
Having a vendor out there would capture a few extra sales. Put in an electronic vendor instead of a mechanical vendor. I know it's a bit more expensive and you have to power it, but they are much more reliable and easier for the customer to use. Mechanical vendors have pretty much gone the way of the dodo.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
An electrical one wouldn't be hard. I have a pole and a meter about 5' away as well as a vac island with an unused space. Plus I can take bills and maybe even CC?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I disagree that mechanical vendors are obsolete. I keep adding more and more and my customers love the selection!!!

I bought 3 on craigslist for $80 total! They needed a few parts but they are easily had on Kleenrite. The new decals are free with purchase of product.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I would agree with Waxman....I dont think they are obsolete both of my locations have mechanical vendors and I do plenty of business out of them! Matter of preference and location I believe

celica

Reaction score
Do you still have mechanical mech's in your bays? If no, then why not? Everyone went to electronic mech's because they are more reliable and allow for multiple coin acceptance, including tokens. I still have mechanical vendors from 25 years ago. But if I were buying a new vendor as Car Wash Guy is going to, an electronic mech. is the way to go.

MEP001

Reaction score
There's quite a learning curve to keeping mechanical vendors working smooth and reliably, but once you know how they're fine. I don't like the mechanical vendors that can take more than $1.00 as they are much more prone to issues - in that case I strongly recommend an electronic one over a mechanical.

Don't buy a used J.E. Adams vendor. They no longer sell them or parts for them.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have over 20 mechanical vendors in operation. Chip at Laurel keeps trying to get me to upgrade. Don't feel like dealing with electrical service to most of them plus the cost payback at 50 cents to $1.00 gross margin would take some time.

OurTown

Reaction score
If you have Cryptopay and are buying a vending machine then make sure it is compatible because some are not.

chip@laurel

Manufacturer
Reaction score
I have over 20 mechanical vendors in operation. Chip at Laurel keeps trying to get me to upgrade. Don't feel like dealing with electrical service to most of them plus the cost payback at 50 cents to $1.00 gross margin would take some time.
Earl, slight correction here - I have stopped trying to get you to upgrade to electronic. I switched gears a few years ago to working on your son to get this accomplished!

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Earl, Chip sold me a couple of three column electronics. If you had been around in the olden days of the forum, you would appreciate how epic of an accomplishment that was.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We have Chip's electronic columns in our touch screen dog wash bays. They have been more reliable than if we had gone with the mechanical version!

Side note ... a bad boy mouse got in there a few years back ... getting into our vended "beggin strips". That was solved with a mouse killer remedy. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Car-Shine

Reaction score
Not trying to highjack a thread but I’m going to list these units for sale soon in the for sale. All work fine but replaced with new mega vendor so it would take crypto pay.

6 unit laurel for $1250
5 unit little tree $500
2 Hamilton changers and extra parts $2500

text 740-572-6530

Brian

Attachments

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks good. Post it in the section for Items for sale.