What's new

MCWW Dry-N-Shine Self Cleaning

Ant68

Reaction score
Would anyone have a video of the MCWW Dry N Shine going through it's self cleaning process ?
Can't seem to find anything on youtube.
Does it do a good job at self cleaning ?
I won't be offering wheel gloss at my wash but if there's silicone on the tires ( from pass washes elsewhere ) will it affect the low parts of the drying cloth over time ?

Thanks in advance

MC3033

Reaction score
I imagine most/all of the silicone should be offer the tire by going through the wash and that would be a non issue

washnshine

Reaction score
Would anyone have a video of the MCWW Dry N Shine going through it's self cleaning process ?
Can't seem to find anything on youtube.
Does it do a good job at self cleaning ?
I won't be offering wheel gloss at my wash but if there's silicone on the tires ( from pass washes elsewhere ) will it affect the low parts of the drying cloth over time ?

Thanks in advance
I was considering some type of dry and shine machine but had the same concerns as you do. Tire dressing is never 100% gone until it wears off. Especially if it is oil based. Even if your wash is not applying it, cars will come in with residue on the tire and that will make it to your drying unit.

There is also the inside of fender wells, wheel recesses, around mud flaps and the lowest part of the rockers that can still have some dirt or film on them- even with the best friction equipment, high pressure and solutions - it’s just the nature of those low areas. Couple all of this together and the lowest few feet of cloth will get soiled and most likely transfer it to another car.

I was thinking maybe a Mitter type unit, but that would be harder to dry out and you’d have to deal with retracting it for the cars that don’t get the service. The other option was just a top wheel - and ignore the sides. Or, get a set of side wheels that are higher off the ground - like 2 - 2.5 feet of clearance . But with all the larger cars these days, you’d still be getting into those areas I mentioned.

I’m currently no longer considering one of these units since I have not found a satisfactory solution.

Let us know what you come up with.

MGSMN

Reaction score
I would like to see this also.

There is also the inside of fender wells, wheel recesses, around mud flaps and the lowest part of the rockers that can still have some dirt or film on them- even with the best friction equipment, high pressure and solutions.
I have seen this happen, the vertical buff brushes will grab dirt/grime from all of these areas.

The other option was just a top wheel - and ignore the sides.
Yes, or wait for this super secret buffer to be released.

Buff.jpeg

Ant68

Reaction score
Wow look at the buffer !!
Looks like a Mac Neil , side windows and top of car .
Looks like 2 rows of spray jet, could be polish etc etc

DavidM

Reaction score
I have been waiting to hear more about that from Macneil. They had it at the show in 2018 but not this year and I haven't heard any news.

washnshine

Reaction score
Yes. I saw this in the 2018 new equipment lineup too but never saw that it was made available. A throwback design to the old van brush/pinwheel brush used decades ago in washes, but perfect in my opinion for a buffing application where you want to avoid those low areas.

washnshine

Reaction score
MGSMN-

Is there any lateral movement on the side wheels or are they fixed? If there is lateral movement, do they remain parallel with respect to the sides of the car?

MGSMN

Reaction score
Yes there is lateral movement on the side buffers and they do remain parallel to the sides of the car. The spray nozzles are for self cleaning and rinsing of the material (after hours) but I have not seen that function run.

Ant68

Reaction score
Self cleaning, make sense (y)
I wonder what the delay has been as it looks like a awesome unit. Would also be nice to know how many feet is required in a tunnel for this to operate.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
That macneil unit looks too complicated. Just give me the top brush only version.

OurTown

Reaction score
Contact Motor City and find one that is installed near you to try it and look at it in person. That may answer a lot of questions.