What's new

Mars Validator

washregal

Reaction score
I noticed recently I am having alot of customers putting bills into the validators - or I should say not due to the bill's themselves..

it sems like my Mars 2600 series validators reject alot of bills.. Then a customer could come up after them and the validators work well - Is it due to print or material content - possibly fake bills?

Is there a way to turn off high security on the bill validators themselves to accept these bills?

has anyone else had these issues?

Uncle Sam

Reaction score
Washregal,

There is a dip switch (#3 I think) on the side of the validator where you can set either "High Security" or "High Acceptance". That may solve your problem. The sensors in the validator may be dirty also.

Uncle Sam:)

Randy

Reaction score
You can try turning On Switch #3 to “High Acceptance” But it might be time to send the validator in for service. Mars validators are good validators but like everything they don’t last forever. How old is the validator in question? Mars had a problem with the sensors they used on the side scan sensors, in I believe 2007 or 2008. The only way going to know if it’s one of the ones that had the bad sensors is to send it in to a shop that has Mars analyzer. The analyzer tells you everything about the validator, number of bill insertions, rejection rate and acceptance rate.

Reds

Reaction score
it sems like my Mars 2600 series validators reject alot of bills.. Then a customer could come up after them and the validators work well - Is it due to print or material content - possibly fake bills?

Is there a way to turn off high security on the bill validators themselves to accept these bills? has anyone else had these issues?
I have mine set on high acceptance and have the same issue. But when I try to help the customers that are having trouble I can usually get them to accept a bill by folding it down the length and then putting it back in. Most of the problems that I see have to do with limp and crumpled bills that anyone with any sense would realize that they won't work. Some are so limp you cannot even feed them into the Mars. The other issue I see is people feeding them so fast that the Mars has not had time to validate the prior bill. I clean my rollers with alcohol and a swab when I see this happening and that helps, but does not solve the problem entirely. Overall I am very happy with the Mars acceptors.

MEP001

Reaction score
We have Mars acceptors in the bays; when one rejects too often, a good cleaning with a damp towel solves it. Make sure to wipe off the lenses on both the removable "cartridge" and the inside of the validator.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I do what MEP suggested once a month in all my validators and they have been working flawlessly now for almost a year.

Etowah