What's new

Mars Coupons

water guy

Reaction score
We just swapped out our Hamilton and installed Mars validator.Where can we purchase our coupons at.

Randy

Reaction score
We just swapped out our Hamilton and installed Mars validator.Where can we purchase our coupons at.
Here's everything you need to know about Mars coupons. a word of caution, the Mars validators when used in a ACW sees the coupons as cash, when you push the refund button it will dispense the value of the coupon in change..

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Water Guy,

Randy's link shows the range of coupons available. I notice the highest security ones ... tend to be kind of pricey compared to the Coinco Vantage Coupons. We have those. Earl Weiss has those too ... not sure of how many others use those. We have never had a copy attempt work & for sure we would not want to give back cash change. ... like Randy rightfully cautioned!

water guy

Reaction score
You know these guys putting these WASHWORLD Equipment in you better make sure you go through everything with them because it can get shitty.

water guy

Reaction score
well its like registering the machine and installing different components on the machine running the hoses nice and neat.and being able to answer any questions with a good answer. Hell I must just be asking to much after all its just a 100k plus machine I just thought people took a little more pride and time. But overall I love this machine.

MEP001

Reaction score
Are you complaining about Washworld as a company or the installer/distributor? And wasn't the thread about Mars coupons?

FWIW, I could probably use a PLC to convert Mars coupons into Tokenote codes. There just hasn't been any interest when I've brought it up here before.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I am kind of curious about what the technicalities of the high security Mars Coupons vs the lower security Mars Coupons?

There are some pretty hi resolution minutia grabbing scan & print processes getting to be more available (affordable) to the general public. I am thinking that it might be special way of printing & then matching the verifier to that special print technicality???

water guy

Reaction score
Are you complaining about Washworld as a company or the installer/distributor? And wasn't the thread about Mars coupons?

FWIW, I could probably use a PLC to convert Mars coupons into Tokenote codes. There just hasn't been any interest when I've brought it up here before.
I would be interested in trying to do that with the coupons .And yes Our installer was not very clear on everything from registering the machine 2 weeks ago to telling us we could use our existing toknotes in the Mars Validator. I have no problem with WASHWORLD. They couldn't believe the installer never said anything. These Installers get so many jobs going that someone is gonna suffer. Its pretty common for the small operator to get pushed aside by the big boys.

Randy

Reaction score
Are you saying they did a crap job of installing you new machine. Most of the installers I’ve run into don’t know jack about the equipment they are installing or how it’s supposed to work. I don’t know how you’re going to get a Mars validator to accept a Hamilton Token note, you’ll have to reprogram the Mars validator to accept the Hamilton Token notes and then it will still pay out cash, because you can’t separate the cash signal and the coupon signal coming out of the Mars validator.

water guy

Reaction score
Nope the Actual Owner of the Franchise told us we could use the mars tokenotes.and then just a few minutes ago my high pressure pump tripped out so I opened the cover and a loss wire coming out of the Starter.Whats Next!

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
Nope the Actual Owner of the Franchise told us we could use the mars tokenotes.
You can use the Mars coupons. There are no "mars tokenotes," Tokenote is the Hamilton coupon.

Mars validator can't read Tokenotes because Tokenotes are magnetic read while Mars coupons are optical.

Mars coupons will just output credit pulses. If you use them for your customers, you would have to disable the refund button, otherwise the coupon will just put a money value on the machine and could be paid back in coins.

With a Tokenote, the Hamilton validator outputs a combination of pulses which is a rudimentary code to the controller, such as a $5 pulse followed by both a $1 and a $5 pulse at the same time. To use a PLC and a Mars coupon, the coupon would need to be a non-standard bill pulse like 3 credits, which the PLC would intercept and convert to a Tokenote pulse.