What's new

Mars 2600 Validator question

seattleguy

Reaction score
Does anyone know why every other bill there is a 30 some second pause before it will take another bill?

MEP001

Reaction score
Is there a code on the validator showing why it's disabled during that time?

Is this with a conversion kit? Whose kit is it?

waright

Reaction score
once the validator accepts a bill, it is inhibited from accepting another bill until the rowe can refill the dump bucket. If you have a hopper that is jammed or has a quarter stuck in one of the hopper motors, then it takes about 30 sec for the rowe to refill the dump bucket. You should notice that the quarters are not getting lower in one of the hoppers.

seattleguy

Reaction score
once the validator accepts a bill, it is inhibited from accepting another bill until the rowe can refill the dump bucket. If you have a hopper that is jammed or has a quarter stuck in one of the hopper motors, then it takes about 30 sec for the rowe to refill the dump bucket. You should notice that the quarters are not getting lower in one of the hoppers.
I bet you're right. One hopper is always empty while the other is full. I bet it is a bad motor or something stuck in it. I will check tonight.

MEP001

Reaction score
seattleguy said:
No code displayed that I can tell.
The validator will almost surely display a code when it's not working, which will probably be disabled by system. It's a flashing red light, and the list of what the flashes mean is on the stacker.

seattleguy said:
How do I figure out what kit?
If you expect help with your problem, you could try to be more knowledgeable about your own equipment or put forth the effort to help figure out what you have. You could have at least taken photos of the inside of the changer or given some sort of description of what's in it.

rzeavy

Reaction score
If both your hoppers have quarters in them and one is considerably lower than the other, you probably have a jam in there but pay attention to the speed or lack of, for the quarters to climb up the chain and if you see that one or both hoppers take too much time to refill the "buckets" than you need to take the hopper apart and clean it.

seattleguy

Reaction score
Waright - you were totally right. There were 2 quarters jammed in the back of one of the hopper motors. Thanks a lot, it was pretty obvious and I should have caught it before.

MEP001. - Sorry I am pretty new to this but you are right I should have at least posted a picture. I will do so in the next day or so. When I read display code I was thinking like an alpha numeric code not the flashing red light. The red flasher was operating normal.

I just downloaded the manuals - which is probably where I should have started in the first place.

Thanks All!