What's new

MarkV11 Error Code 5/0

David Nye

Reaction score
Hello from Australia Team!

I have an older Merchadiser/Aquajet in bay Automatic that is stopping at random points during the wash cycle and not continuing. No overloads tripped, no drive motor issues.

After a few minutes (something getting hot?) I can get the machine to run in test mode (stepping on treadle) up and down the track but it then just stops either in test mode or washing. Sometimes after only a few feet.....sometimes after several laps up and down or in any wash cycle.

I've had this Auto for 8 years and know it well.

I suspect it's the treadle sensor but the error code I'm getting ISN'T AN OFF TREADLE error and the input light on the PLC remains hard on.

We have been washing cars until the Auto just stopped after having washed 5 cars in a row.

I've had NO intermittant problems leading up to this.

Do any of you know what the error code 0/5 or 5/0 (flashing) is?

This error code isn't in my technical manual.

My first action on Monday (it's the weekend now) will be to replace the Treadle sensor but I have the feeling it could be something else.

Any suggestions would be of help.

Cheers,
David

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Usually, errors beginning with 5 are for tripped overloads. I think a tripped inverter will display a 5 code as well. Powering down for about 15 seconds resets the inverter. That may be why you get back up and running after a while. What does the display on the inverter say?

IMO, nothing points to the treadle switch.

David Nye

Reaction score
Usually, errors beginning with 5 are for tripped overloads. I think a tripped inverter will display a 5 code as well. Powering down for about 15 seconds resets the inverter. That may be why you get back up and running after a while. What does the display on the inverter say?

IMO, nothing points to the treadle switch.
G'Day I.B,

I haven't checked the Inverter.........I posted this message at 5:30am Local time after issues the previous afternoon.

I did think about the Inverter during the evening and my plan was to check it when back at the Carwash.

Thanks for the Heads Up. Will check as you've suggested and I'll let you know.

Cheers,
David

David Nye

Reaction score
Hello Team,

I've checked the inverter for a code when the Automatic fails.

The Inverter status is RDY but then changes to SCF after failure.

The Inverter is a Telemecanique "Square D" type by Schneider Electric.

I'll now try and source what the error code is for the Inverter.

David Nye

Reaction score
The SCR fault code with the Inverter indicates a short circuit or grounding issue with one of the Drive motors or leads.

For anyone's future reference, technical manuals for the Telemecanique Inverter (Mine's an Altivar 28) can be found at www.stevenengineering.com

Thanks to I.B. Washincars for the lead to the Inverter!!

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
SCF is a "Short Circuit Fault". Either the motor that drive operates is failing OR there is some faulty wiring somewhere that is shorting to ground.

David Nye

Reaction score
To those that may be following this thread and especially to those who offered advice.

My "Fault" turned out to be the drive motor on the Light side of the Automatic even though the Heavy side motor required a reset of the overload at one point!!

It wasn't until I isolated each drive motor in turn that truly identified where the problem lay.

A new motor was installed on the light side of the machine and we are now running.

Thanks to I.B Washincars and Ken-pro for your advice.

Hope 2012 treats all you guys well!

Cheers.....